The Coffee House

A little parody humour for those old enough to remember 1972.

View attachment 178585
Strictly speaking... that would be a stakeside! :p (And I'm pretty sure it's a Chev....) please go back and try again!

Well technically a "stakeside" is a flat bed with stake pockets for inserting the sides, and without a little more shown on the truck, I'd argue Ford vs Chevy. Chevy had different vents on the side of the hood.

Well technically a "stakeside" is a flat bed with stake pockets for inserting the sides...
Fair, but I've been away two weeks, I've got a lot of time to make up!

and without a little more shown on the truck, I'd argue Ford vs Chevy. Chevy had different vents on the side of the hood.
That'll I'll put a beer on... I'm pretty sure that's a '39 Chev 1, 1 1/2 ton. The drip line on the door and handle are pretty distinctive... vis!

You're one step away from a present in your slipper, judging by their expressions!

You'd think, eh? But they're good fine kitties that love their mama and show their displeasure only by squirming and running away for about 5 minutes before they come back and curl up on the couch behind my head, purring away. Zelda will occasionally get a little bratty and hiss at me (while purring) and then she comes back for head butts to apologize for being a brat.

That'll I'll put a beer on... I'm pretty sure that's a '39 Chev 1, 1 1/2 ton. The drip line on the door and handle are pretty distinctive... vis!

You may be right on the 39, the vent matches on the side of the hood, Ford was much different that year.

You're one step away from a present in your slipper, judging by their expressions!

You'd think, eh? But they're good fine kitties that love their mama and show their displeasure only by squirming and running away for about 5 minutes before they come back and curl up on the couch behind my head, purring away. Zelda will occasionally get a little bratty and hiss at me (while purring) and then she comes back for head butts to apologize for being a brat.
Those head butts are the best things. :586: Bex always, without fail, gives three in a row - boomboomboom - then curls up. Finn doesn't know a head butt, but she goes into kitten mode if I start rubbing my chin all over her head. Instant purring and slant-eyed love.

They're all quirky and fantastic animals, cats.

Sunny start here today, just charging up the batteries as not sure what I`m up to today yet.

I got a lot of home projects done yesterday so today is mine! I’m heading up to Gloucester for lunch with a friend. It’s the annual Schooner Festival. We’re going to try to catch the parade of sail that’s happening before the schooner race. Later Princess and I are taking the pooches on a hike and then feet up and a good book out on the deck. Going to be a great day!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Hey hosers.

Yesterday was quite crashy. Didn't leave the house until about 4:30 when I went for a walk. Then came back and crashed some more.

Today, Buzz and I went for brunch at Daryl's House - a restaurant/live music venue opened up by Daryl Hall a few years back. About | Daryl's House Club It's the second time we've been there for brunch, and keep meaning to go there for dinner but just haven't done so yet. I'm going to push for getting up there at least once for dinner before the end of the year. Still annoyed that we missed Canned Heat a few months back.

Tomorrow, we may head on up to Hudson, walk around a bit, get some Baba Louie's pizza for lunch.

Overall, a nice, low-key weekend, us both trying to stay away from Labor Day crowds, and me trying to recover from the bludgeon that was August (and part of July.)

Hey, Leo's come out from under kitties!

I've seen Daryl's House! on MTV Live that is, shows from awhile back. Good show, good performances. Looks like it'd be fun to go there.

Today was a washout - thunder, downpour, lights flickered, never mind any picture taking, will save that for a nice? fall weekend (if or when we have such a thing! lol). At least I didn't lose power again because I am NOT resetting clocks anymore this week!! This is turning out to be a typical Labor Day, hot and muggy, not quite the beautiful weekend predicted. But I have had some leaves falling - go leaves!!

Last night was pizza, and my best friend's coming up again and it will be carryout chicken dinners. And watching Downton. She said she's gotten used to coming here out in the country and seeing some unusual things, but had never seen people going down the street in golf carts. I said, yeah, they do that here...

We had a crashy day, too. I didn't sleep well (shopping for a mattress set, today) ; MLW worked 12 at the watch office Saturday night, and didn't get a chance for her allocated four hours sleep. She figured she wouldn't so I took her in and picked her up (5 AM comes early when sleep is screwed up).

I did a little truck shopping; it will be a year or two before we are ready, but shopping can be fun.

Well, time for a refill.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back