What's new

The Coffee House

Congrats Dean!

Went for a hike yesterday before dinner and this guy was just sitting almost at eye level only a few feet from the path. The puppy didn’t know what to make of him. Of course the only time I’ve ever gone to this trail without my camera! Here’s a crappy cell phone pic. :(

View attachment 179382

Saw a red-tailed hawk Friday afternoon, pulled over to get a photo only to realize I'd forgotten to grab my camera on the way out the door.
 
Another heat wave here. A good day to go to the craft store and dollar store for Halloween photo set items. Starting early with the set this year. @smoke665 game on! ;)

LOL Started yesterday on a couple projects, though I'll admit I'm stumped on the 3rd set. Granddaughter wants to be Nala from the Lion King. DW already nixed the idea of me building a replica of the Serengeti on her side of the garage.:allteeth:
 
%^%$ little %$#@* buggers. I hate the little %^^%$##(*&^%. Managed to go all summer without getting stung. Today started off being a good day till I hit a ground nest of yellow jackets on the mower. Never saw them coming, the little %$^&% got me from behind. Nailed me twice on the back before I even knew they were there. At least I had on a thick tee shirt or they would have really got me. :icon_pissedoff:
 
%^%$ little %$#@* buggers. I hate the little %^^%$##(*&^%. Managed to go all summer without getting stung. Today started off being a good day till I hit a ground nest of yellow jackets on the mower. Never saw them coming, the little %$^&% got me from behind. Nailed me twice on the back before I even knew they were there. At least I had on a thick tee shirt or they would have really got me. :icon_pissedoff:
Wasps (and their relatives)... the @$$holes of the insect world! :irked:
 
LOL Started yesterday on a couple projects, though I'll admit I'm stumped on the 3rd set. Granddaughter wants to be Nala from the Lion King. DW already nixed the idea of me building a replica of the Serengeti on her side of the garage.:allteeth:

I have the same conversations with my DH. My reply is but it is for the grands, or it is for the pups, or lastly it is for art. :)
 
Hey Hosers! I'm super excited - just grabbed last minute tickets to A Night With Janis Joplin: A NIGHT WITH JANIS JOPLIN | Official Site Was planning a low key weekend but got an email for 1/2 price tickets tomorrow night!

My photo meet up group is having a harvest moon rise shoot tonight. I was planning to go but forgot that I had told Princess she could take my car to the away football game. Her new bf is on the team so she'll be busy every Friday night for the season... Going to see if I can carpool with someone from the photo group as I was looking forward to the shoot.

What's up for your weekend?
 
Well, dang - nothing that sounds that fun, Sharon! I'm basically hiding indoors waiting for this late summer heat wave to move out. I will venture out to the screened in porch with a glass of wine to watch the moon rise. Our new next door neighbors have a thing about leaving their outside flood lights on, which has really spoiled my stargazing. :irked: It's been hot and we haven't been out too much so we've let it ride, but eventually we're likely to ask if they'd cut the lights when they go in.
 
Hey Hosers! I'm super excited - just grabbed last minute tickets to A Night With Janis Joplin: A NIGHT WITH JANIS JOPLIN | Official Site Was planning a low key weekend but got an email for 1/2 price tickets tomorrow night!

b7e7835bbc43988847e129e06ce3316e2de9762d2b6d0c2c909b607edfadae7e.jpg
 
Nothing that exciting by any stretch! Our weather is still hot too, was supposed to get nicer but if anything seems more humid because it never did rain (and stayed too cloudy for any full moon!). Was going to try to get to a new quilt store but it closes earlier on Sat. than I realized and my best friend has a hair appt. so we won't make it there; we'll see what else we come up with.

I saw part of a special about Janis Joplin not long ago on MTV Live, it was interesting to see footage of her I'd never seen before.

Sharon we expect to see pictures of you at the show in *bell bottoms and a head band looking groovy!

*hip hugger
 
Last edited:
Had an interesting day at work yesterday. Went inside to use the bathroom and get a cup of coffee. Ended up talking a photo of the boss for an ad in one of the trade magazines.

LiSx3K5.jpg


My photo meet up group is having a harvest moon rise shoot tonight. I was planning to go but forgot that I had told Princess she could take my car to the away football game. Her new bf is on the team so she'll be busy every Friday night for the season... Going to see if I can carpool with someone from the photo group as I was looking forward to the shoot.

What's up for your weekend?

That sounds like fun! Haven't tried moonscape photos yet.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom