The Dock of the Bay (my first post)

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
495365192_52c013bc1a.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8282927@N06/495365192/

Sorry for the link...I'm curious about the composition of this shot. Any other comments or criticism gratefully accepted as well.

By the way, I'm a total newbie.

And hey...how do I put an image directly in my post??? (couldn't find this info in the forum FAQ).

Thanks a lot,

Jon

Hi Jon,
I'm torn on this one. I like it, but it also kinda hurts my eyes.

To put a photo in here go to the thing right above here that kinda looks like a mountain with a postage stamp in the upper right.

Or, you can join something like www.photobucket.com where you can upload photos for free. Then just copy and past the bottom choice, ie blahblahblah/[img]

Hope that helps.

Couple things.

1.) I think the horizon line needs leveling a bit. Maybe 1 degee CCW?

2.) The difference between the rest of the scene and the sun is pretty glaring to my eyes. The highlights are blown out on the water as well. Taking this picture 15 minutes later may have made a huge difference. That or a graduated density filter.

The advice above on Photobucket it good - works well for me.

Didn't even notice the horizon.

Can the glaring sun be fixed in Photoshop? If so, how?

Thanks!

Jon

Also, I tried the Photobucket route, but I can't seem to get the image down to a reasonable size (even when downsizing in Photobucket, it's still HUGE on my test post).

Jon

Hi Jon,
You need to save it for web. In other words, you need to get down to about 600/700 pixels on the longest end, at 72 dpi. You can also go down to about 40% quality on the web and not lose any major details.
Hope that helps.

In regards to the sunlight, unfortunately it's too blown to bring back. :-(

Alrighty, then.

Any comments on the composition?

Jon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back