The new Nikon Z-Mount Cameras- who is in?

Count me in! I'll grab one later, used, when the prices fall. I know it's a year or two away, but when a new body comes out, and people dump the former, then I swoop in and grab them for peanuts.

Last edited:
Here's what I would love Nikon to finally do: drop BULB and allow for any shutter speed length without a third-party controller. I'm a simple man.

Here's what I would love Nikon to finally do: drop BULB and allow for any shutter speed length without a third-party controller. I'm a simple man.

Completely agreed. To this day I’ve never understood why they don’t allow this. Fuji does it on some cameras and it’s great.

Nope, I still want Bulb.
When I do some of my long exposures, like aerial fireworks, I do not know how long I want any particular shot to be. And shot to shot, they are NOT the same duration. So I cannot specify the shutter time in advance.

Nope, I still want Bulb.
When I do some of my long exposures, like aerial fireworks, I do not know how long I want any particular shot to be. And shot to shot, they are NOT the same duration. So I cannot specify the shutter time in advance.

Eh, allow for both then.

Do you really hold that shutter open the whole time? Don’t you get camera shake?

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Nope, I still want Bulb.

Eh, allow for both then.

Do you really hold that shutter open the whole time? Don’t you get camera shake?

You use a remote release to hold or lock it open.

-

Nope, I still want Bulb.

fair enough, but there's no good reason why the camera-body cannot have a programmable long-exposure length longer than 30sec without third-party help. It's stupid.

Well, for those that want to buy one, your gonna have to wait. Nikon says they are months behind in delivery of the product. Not surprising.

Well, for those that want to buy one, your gonna have to wait. Nikon says they are months behind in delivery of the product. Not surprising.

You’d really think they’d have learned from their past mistakes, especially with the D850 supply fiasco.

You’d really think they’d have learned from their past mistakes, especially with the D850 supply fiasco.

Nope, I still want Bulb.

Do NOT touch the camera when doing a long exposure, or you WILL shake the camera.
Use a remote release (aka cable release, for us old timers).

Nope, I still want Bulb.

Do NOT touch the camera when doing a long exposure, or you WILL shake the camera.
Use a remote release (aka cable release, for us old timers).
Also you can use the timer release.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back