This is why I'm fat.

Nice...this is a tribute to meatatarians everywhere.

You would have loved my Superbowl spread. In addition to these masterpieces, I had a 6lb blade roast that had been crockpotted for 32 hours in nothing more than sea salt and liquid smoke, pork/venison meatballs seared for stability then cooked in a BBQ sauce/grape jelly bath, 2 lbs of Bacon Candy (bacon marinated in brown sugar then baked to a crisp), and a whole slew of bacon wrapped water chestnuts.

It didn't suck.

Not even a little.

You would have loved my spread. In addition to these masterpieces, I had a 6lb blade roast that had been crockpotted for 32 hours in nothing more than sea salt and liquid smoke, pork/venison meatballs seared for stability then cooked in a BBQ sauce/grape jelly bath, 2 lbs of Bacon Candy (bacon marinated in brown sugar then baked to a crisp), and a whole slew of bacon wrapped water chestnuts.

It didn't suck.

Not even a little.

:shock:

The day after I had to take two showers. The first one just beaded up and rolled off.

The meal didn't disgust me, it was THIS statement that did. Seriously, foul.

Looks delish though haha

Bacon

From Wikipedia
Meat from other animals, such as beef, lamb, chicken, goat, or turkey, may also be cut, cured, or otherwise prepared to resemble bacon, and may even be referred to as "bacon".[2] Such use is common in areas with significant Jewish and Muslim populations.[3] The USDA defines bacon as "the cured belly of a swine carcass"; other cuts and characteristics must be separately qualified (e.g., "smoked pork loin bacon"). For safety, bacon must be treated for trichinella,[4] a parasitic roundworm which can be destroyed by heating, freezing, drying, or smoking.[

See USDA says only real bacon is swine. Hmmmm, don't care for the last part. :(
This is why I take blood pressure meds, aspirin, lipitol, fish capsuls. So I can enjoy meals like this. :drool:

Bacon

From Wikipedia
....... For safety, bacon must be treated for trichinella,[4] a parasitic roundworm which can be destroyed by heating, freezing, drying, or smoking.

Hmmmm, don't care for the last part. :(

You only need to worry about this kind of thing if you (or your butcher/grocery store/processor) get your pig from a ****ty farmer. If the pig isn't being fed **** (literal ****, not just bad food), or other pigs..... and if the farmer takes care to keep the rodents away from the swine this really eliminates the issue.

I trust the farm my pigs come from, and butcher them myself. I would eat this stuff raw.

Most reactions

Back