Thoughts on selling

dylanstraub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When my father passed a few years back I received all of his art in it's various forms. I recently started looking through this huge collection and decided to sell some of his work. He mostly painted acrylic on canvas or paper. I decided to sell the work on paper first but I have a lot of questions. I don't know what I have but it's thick like construction paper. He would use this medium to try out different ideas and some things even made it to canvas. Should I sell this with a frame or as it is. What kind of frame should I use? Can I retain rights to the image or does the customer get that by purchasing the art? I have so many questions but these will do for now. I'm not really trying to start a business here but it looks like I have no choice. Thanks for any insight you can give me.

First, no offense but iis it saleable, is there a market? Framed would probably net more if tasteful. Rights? Are they prints or originals?

None taken. They are folk art pieces and nothing more. They are all in good condition considering most are several years old. I believe he used some sort of archival paper though I would not know for sure. He used high quality canvas for his full size work. If you click my Flicker link at the bottom of my post you can see just the first few of them that I posted.

You might want to check out a few art galleries in your area. They would be a lot more helpful than a photography forum.

Rush fan eh? I checked them out on your flickr, I'd go with CCericola's idea first.

Rush fan eh? I checked them out on your flickr, I'd go with CCericola's idea first.
Definitely a Rush fan for a very long time. I thought of going local especially being close to Philadelphia. I don't want to show them in a gallery because I barely have enough time to go out shooting as it is. I've decided to sell them on etsy.com because they fit in there and I don't have to do a lot of legwork. At this point I'm interested in getting his work out to people because it doesn't do any good in my shed.

When my mother passed away I sold some of her stuff. Mostly she painted jewelry boxes. I kept one for nostalgia but she had so many that I didn't see a reason to keep all of them. Go for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back