What's new

Tis' the season for flowers & bugs

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
4,355
Reaction score
3,194
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yep the dandelions are popping up now. I saw a bumble bee today which I don't normally see in April here. But I saw this bug collecting some pollen on this dandelion, I assume it's some kind of bee.

I got nice and close as I could with the macro. I'm pretty happy with it overall. It was cloudy so good soft light.

Nikon Z6II + MC 105 2.8 VR S
1/200th, f/9, ISO 200

Erwin-230427-82972.webp
 
Nice photo but it is a fly, the mouthparts are very different from a bee's.
 
Yep the dandelions are popping up now. I saw a bumble bee today which I don't normally see in April here. But I saw this bug collecting some pollen on this dandelion, I assume it's some kind of bee.

I got nice and close as I could with the macro. I'm pretty happy with it overall. It was cloudy so good soft light.

Nikon Z6II + MC 105 2.8 VR S
1/200th, f/9, ISO 200

View attachment 265559
it's a fly bud
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom