Today was finally the day (pic heavy)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All winter I've been trying to get some close ups of an eagle. Today this fuzzy headed sub-adult decided to give me a show. It was perched on a tree next to a bridge. I wasn't the first one or the last to slam on my brakes. It was a circus. Everyone was jumping out of their cars with smartphone in hand trying to snap pictures. The eagle chilled for 30 minutes picking apart it's striped bass carcass.. I had enough time to go back to my car a pop on my 2x TC... I had a hard time metering on the eagle in all metering modes. Over by 1-2 stops, but I fired away enough shots to make sure I got a few keepers. Not sure about the fuzzy head, almost looks like some kind of bacterial infection.. This was the first time I processed on my new monitor also (Asus P248Q) that is supposed to be factory calibrated and it looks very different next to my cheap acer. Comments welcome...

On Approach..

Wild Sub Adult Eagle super close! 9 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Portraits

Wild Sub-Adult Eagle super close! 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Wild Sub Adult Eagle super close! 7 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Wild Sub Adult Eagle super close! 4 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Down and dirty

Wild Sub Adult Eagle super close! 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Wild Sub Adult Eagle super close! 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Wild Sub Adult Eagle super close! 8 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Wild Sub Adult Eagle super close! 6 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Wild Sub-Adult Eagle super close! 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Hmm, pretty good shots ... good thing you had more than a smartphone.
That eagle must have been pretty close.
The teleconverter does not seem to drop the IQ ... was that with the 120-300mm ?

Last edited:
Nicely done, especially with the subject being so heavily backlit. Congrats on finally getting some close ups!

Best,
Jake

Stunning pictures. Really well done.

Typical teenager attitude. Doesn't care who's watching while he/she snacks.

Very good closeup shots. Hope you gave him/her your card so they can call you when it's time for the formals.

[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/bassomatic/17woyfkeh?q=bass-o-matic[/video]

The Eagle has a slightly different method...

Beautiful shots Kris, just amazing detail :thumbup:

I think that thing on his head is just one of those fine while feathers he is shedding, there are a few on his side too ?

Hmm, pretty good shots ... good thing you had more than a smartphone.
That eagle must have been pretty close.
The teleconverter does not seem to drop the IQ ... was that with the 120-300mm ?
This was with the 120-300. I was not paying attention at all and some of them were at 330 with the 2x TC..duh.. IQ stays pretty good surprisingly.

Nicely done, especially with the subject being so heavily backlit. Congrats on finally getting some close ups!

Best,
Jake
Thanks I wish it was any kind of lit, lol, some of these are at ISO 2200!

Stunning pictures. Really well done.
Beautiful shots Kris, just amazing detail :thumbup:

I think that thing on his head is just one of those fine while feathers he is shedding, there are a few on his side too ?

Thank you kindly! He/she is kind of a fuzzy mess. Maybe the beginnings of the ol white head...

Wow! Amazing close-ups. The expression in #2 is priceless.

Those are great shots. I am jealous as I don't have much luck with bird of prey.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back