Tomorrow is D90 day!

RTamer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have for the last couple of years been using the Lumix FZ50 and found it to be relatively comfortable for shooting. Yep, you guessed it... I'm not a pro :lol:! I like it, but it just wasn't giving me the flexibility that I was looking for. Since the New Year I have been going back and forth between the Nikon D90 and the Canon 50d, and everytime I decided on one, I found something nice about the other. I finally decided that the Nikon was my choice, but couldn't pick up the phone to order it. Well, today my wife was tired of hearing about it, and she filled a hat with a bunch of small paper. "Yes" to buy it, and "No" for me to shut my mouth. What she didn't tell me is that she wrote "yes" on all of them! I ordered it! 24 hour delivery. Tomorrow I will recieve the beginning of a long road of decisions i.e. lenses, flash, and so on. It's coming with a kit lens (18-105), and i've read what a lot of you think about the kit lenses. I will probably get the Tamron 70-300 macro, since I really want to learn that, otherwise I love the old buildings and castles here in Germany so B&W will also be another choice.

Did I make the right decision? :confused:

yes, i have a d90 and i love it. think of it like this. the d90 is like your penis (or vagina) but you can play with it in public...

wait.
im not supposed to play with my vagina in public?

I would get an old 70-210 F/4, amazing lens. Relatively fast too.

well, i do, but its not highly suggested. i dont have enough money to keep paying the fines.

D90 is an awesome camera for a passionate photographer and is capable of a lot of things. It's a great start however I'm ready to move on there are features of the D700 and even the D300 i'd much rather have.

Like what?

Don't like the ergonomics of it for one. It's way too small especially when I'm shooting with larger glass such as my 80-200 af-s and doesn't feel as solid as other bodies such as the D300 or D70.

Also this is just cropped framed cameras in general, but I don't like the high noise when shooting in low-light. Anything up to 500iso is ok, anything above that though I gotta whip out noise ninja.

Don't like the 1/200 flash sync.

Don't like 4.5fps.

Don't like the fact that there are automatic settings on the camera.

These are my main issues and really my only complaints about it. If none of these items are an issue for you, then I say go for it. If not, if you have the money definitely save up for the D700, I wish I would have.

Like what?

Don't like the ergonomics of it for one. It's way too small especially when I'm shooting with larger glass such as my 80-200 af-s and doesn't feel as solid as other bodies such as the D300 or D70.

Also this is just cropped framed cameras in general, but I don't like the high noise when shooting in low-light. Anything up to 500iso is ok, anything above that though I gotta whip out noise ninja.

Don't like the 1/200 flash sync.

Don't like 4.5fps.

Don't like the fact that there are automatic settings on the camera.

These are my main issues and really my only complaints about it. If none of these items are an issue for you, then I say go for it. If not, if you have the money definitely save up for the D700, I wish I would have.

I have a d90 and ISO 800 is still clean. I can easily use something shot at iso 800 and no software at all.

Who cares if there are automatic settings? Don't use them. D300 has auto WB don't get it that is an auto settings find something else. D700 is 5fps d90 is 4.5 fps not talking about grips or anything. Not a big difference there.

Crop frame is nice for some people because that extra "reach" is nice if you're doing wildlife and things like that.

Most reactions

Back