Tomorrow is D90 day!

Well, it finally got here, and at the first glance I have to admit that I am impressed! It's alot heavier than my lumix, but the Nikon fits better in my hand (controls and buttons). I'm charging the battery and reading the book, and then I'll see what for test photos I can get on here.

I can't wait!

I got mine a little over a month ago and I really like it. It's my first DSLR. The wife and I gave it to each other, although I'm ate up with it and her not so much(lucky me), because we're expecting a baby in April. It takes great pictures when you do your part. Still being new at this thing take my next piece of advice accordingly.

Get a prime lense as your next purchase. A lot of people get the 50 1.8 or the 35 1.8. I chose the 50 for two reasons...one, it's a tad over a C note and two, I hadn't heard much about the 35 until after I bought it. If I had it to do over again I'd have gone for the 35...I find myself trying to back up most of the time when I'm shooting indoors and since the baby is the reason we bought this thing there's gonna be a whole bunch of indoor shots. Needless to say, it's on my short list of things to purchase next.

Our baby is due in March, although I don't think she's gonna make it that far. This is number 7! Yea, you read right.

Here I can get the 50mm for €122,- so I think that might be a good deal also. I really want to get a macro lens, just haven't decided on which one yet. I have seen the 60mm macro and the 70-300 macro. The 60 is expensive, so I think that's gonna have to wait for a bit.

Just out of curiosity, I was born in Wise County Virginia down by the Tenn. Ky. border in a town call Norton. I just saw that you are also from Virginia, and was wonder on what end.

Most reactions

Back