Tossed hair = more interesting (to me)

CA_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought my girflriend's hair was having a cool 'tossed kind of day, so I wanted to shoot it :)

$chelselines1.jpg

Why the cross between B&W and color? Just wondering. To my eyes, it makes it very difficult to focus beyond the shapes it creates and to the model.

You have a lovely girlfriend and tossed hair does work well in the right situations. Do you have any others from this shoot?

Why the cross between B&W and color? Just wondering. To my eyes, it makes it very difficult to focus beyond the shapes it creates and to the model.

Agreed, it's quite distracting and almost feels like it takes away from the image.

I do love the hair though. :D It adds character and even edgy-ness in the right situation. Nice shot.

Crop it to a SQUARE, and put your watermark in the lower left corner and it will look MUCH better, IMHO. The watermark located in the upper right is killing the shot in that wide horizontal formatting. I like the concept...I think it might look even better if you went over-the-top with this. I can envision this on metallic paper, printed, with a very coppery-looking tone to the lighter areas....might be totally radical...

I'm not diggin' the shadows on the walls thrown by her shoulders, and the watermark definitely throws the balance off. I kind of like the negative space right, myself. I like things to have room to breathe, and it gives that crazy b&w slashy graphic stuff somewhere to call home, somewhere to originate from (maybe that makes some sense to someone?), but I agree that the watermark botches that breathing space up.

The shadows is a quibble, and it DOES actually give it a paparazzi feel, kind of a harsh edgy look. Maybe I'm on the fence about them, maybe I outright dislike them. Ask me in 30 seconds, you'll probably get a different answer ;)

Negative space is generally used used as "looking space" or the space an object (car, air plane, etc.) is moving into. In a commercial application it's used for text placement. In this case, there's no reason for it, and it visually unbalances the photo.

The slashy selective color also detracts. I want to know what color eyes she has, how red her lips are, etc. Instead I find my eyes being pulled all over the place while trying to look at a nice looking young lady.

Most reactions

Back