Truck Graveyard

weags77

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some shots from a random truck graveyard in New York. I had originally stumbled upon this place more than a year ago. I literally could not find it again, even using google earth, until yesterday. The first time here didn't really know much at all, still don't really. Unfortunately this time it was pouring rain and had my dog with me so it was a rush job just getting these shots. These aren't traditional HDR images. All one shot with some Lightroom editing and some brush work with Perfect Effects. No actual HDR conversion or blending. Still haven't seen half of this place and hope next time the weather cooperates . Hope you like and mainly looking for thoughts on processing but all thoughts welcome. Thanks

$11649230935_51575ea13e_b.jpg

$11649486533_954f111280_b.jpg

$11649607344_605c181497_b.jpg

$11650015966_cd925c5b9b_b.jpg

$11649619224_214cd0e61a_b.jpg

I'm usually not into this artsey stuff, but these are pretty cool. I know my grandson, along with a lot of other grandsons, would like these hanging on his bedroom wall. :thumbup:

I'm usually not into this artsey stuff, but these are pretty cool. I know my grandson, along with a lot of other grandsons, would like these hanging on his bedroom wall. :thumbup:

Thank you Rick. I actually sold a few prints from my first trip there. Just to friends and didn't actually make any money but cool that people wanted them for their kids.

Didn't intend on going artsy but the originals didn't really convey the feel of the rainy and foggy day. I felt the HDR touches enhanced the details of the trucks and made them stand out from the rather bland day. In better conditions I could spend a whole day here messing with all sorts of compositions.

Glad you liked them and if you want one to print for your grandson I'd be more than happy to send you a printable file for him.

I view your Flickr gallery very nice shots.

Thanks everyone. # 2 was my personal favorite. Glad the processing was well received. Wasn't really sure about it, being such a mish mash of processing styles. The fact you guys liked them even given my rushes circumstances definitely makes me wanna get back there and see the rest. Such a cool place and glad I was able to convey some of that.

Surprised #4 was mentioned as that was the one I was most concerned about with the processing. Thanks again !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back