Two small unrelated questions

tom beard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First: My Users Manual (Nikon D-90) looks like Mrs. Doubtfire's rubber face after the garbage truck ran over it. Does anyone publish hardback and better bound Users Manuals, or is there something I can do to strengthen mine like a stick on clear plastic over the front and rear covers?

Second: In the Nikon View NX program under Meta-data (EXIF data), there is a heading marked "Artist". I looked in the View NX help pages and couldn't find out how to enter the photographers name. I also looked in my D-90 Manual to see if it could be set up in the camera and couldn't find anything there either.

If any of you have answers to my mini-mysteries, I would sure like your guidance.

Thanks as always, Tom Beard

With canon at least the software CD that comes with the camera contains a set of programs that let you connect the camera to the computer mainly for tethered shots and the like - I'm sure its the same for Nikon and that along with that software package there is the option within it to enter in the photographers name and details into the meta data for all the shots the camera takes.

Sure....

Check out the Magic Lantern Guides for the D90... Most book stores can get them, or through Amazon, etc...:D

Can't help you with the data as I use Canon. Canon, as mentioned, is accessed through the Utility software.. I'll bet that they tell you in the Magic Lantern Books......

First: My Users Manual (Nikon D-90) looks like Mrs. Doubtfire's rubber face after the garbage truck ran over it. Does anyone publish hardback and better bound Users Manuals, or is there something I can do to strengthen mine like a stick on clear plastic over the front and rear covers?

Second: In the Nikon View NX program under Meta-data (EXIF data), there is a heading marked "Artist". I looked in the View NX help pages and couldn't find out how to enter the photographers name. I also looked in my D-90 Manual to see if it could be set up in the camera and couldn't find anything there either.

If any of you have answers to my mini-mysteries, I would sure like your guidance.

Thanks as always, Tom Beard
1.) Visit www.amazon.com. There are several people who write users manual for digital cameras, like David Busch.

2.) In the D90 users manual see page 205, Image Comment and in the camera menus it will be in the Setup menu which is under the menu icon that looks like a wrench. My image comment says: (c) 2010 K Harrod Photography

• Open View NX, select a folder of images and highlight an image.
  • On the left are 3 tabs 'Folders, Metadata, Quick Adjustment.
  • Click on the Metadata tab.
  • Click on the work: 'Contact'
  • Enter all the Creator info that applies
  • At the bottom click 'Apply'
Even better if you use Nikon Transfer to upload photos to your computer.
  • Open Nikon Transfer
  • Click on the tab labeled "Embedded Info"
  • In the box labeled "XMP/IPTC Preset:" click the drop down arrow and select "None" so there are no presets already competed for you.
  • Click the "Edit" tab.
  • Now you can choose Tags, Description, Contact (Creator), Content, Origin and Categories information
  • Click OK.
  • Now all that info that will be automatically embedded with all the camera metadata for every photo you upload.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back