Usain Bolt's Photography

Canon camera guys are too fast. That's why he grabbed a Nikon. Plus the camera looks darn cute too.

You've proven that point for years now. You keep telling us so.

Who owns the copyright? Bolt? The camera's credentialed owner?

Yes but can he run and take great photos all at the same time? I think we need to push his talents.

I don't think Bolt cares even if they do belong to him...

Here's the Canon 1984 Olympic Games tie-in TV commercial that introduced millions to "advanced" Canon photography. In MANY ways, Canon is the company that got newbies into "advanced" cameras by using mass-market television advertising to create desire and brand awareness. Prior to Canon's early tennis professional ads, the auto-winder and the 35mm SLR were products advertised in MAGAZINES, to already-existing photo enthusiasts.

"Canon: So advanced, it's for simpletons!" That was a fantastic slogan! [wink]

Tracy Austin Shoots Canon AE-1 - YouTube

And I'll keep saying it...how many sharp frames do you think he would have had if he had to focus? The owner of the copyright goes to the guy holding the camera, that would be Bolt. If I hand my camera to someone and they use it, I wouldn't take any claim to the images.

And I'll keep saying it...how many sharp frames do you think he would have had if he had to focus? The owner of the copyright goes to the guy holding the camera, that would be Bolt. If I hand my camera to someone and they use it, I wouldn't take any claim to the images.

You know? I'll bet it's not that simple... The photographer is Jamaican, the person who gave him the camera was German (I think), and it happened in the UK, and we don't know who the actual owner of the camera was, so there are three and potentially four sets of laws that would have to be debated. I'm going to guess however that the first thing that journalist did when he got his camera back is say, "Here, sign this please!".

Here's the Canon 1984 Olympic Games tie-in TV commercial that introduced millions to "advanced" Canon photography. In MANY ways, Canon is the company that got newbies into "advanced" cameras by using mass-market television advertising to create desire and brand awareness. Prior to Canon's early tennis professional ads, the auto-winder and the 35mm SLR were products advertised in MAGAZINES, to already-existing photo enthusiasts.

"Canon: So advanced, it's for simpletons!" That was a fantastic slogan! [wink]

Tracy Austin Shoots Canon AE-1 - YouTube
Speaking, coincedentally, of Canon and the '84 Olympics... for sale on my local "Used..." board right now.

Most reactions

Back