Vickers Vimy---For Airic

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I managed to make it out to the museum. They had the Vimy inside and people were everywhere snapping photos. I only got one pic of the whole plane, but the lighting was bad from where I was shooting, so it did not turn out. I did manage to get them starting the engines though.
I also realized the talent you have for shooting aircraft. I had no idea where to start, so I just winged it ...no pun intended.

This is the guys getting things ready.

131_3110a.jpg

131_3107a.jpg

130_3100a.jpg

131_3101a.jpg

131_3104a.jpg

Chiller, glad you got to see the beast. FYI, it will fly out of Downsview on Wednesday if you are available. I have to work :( But I do have some great stuff lined up for next weekend :) Now, after seeing this aircraft in person can you imagine flying across the Atlantic Ocean in it ?

The first shot is excellent, wish I had taken it :)

The person in the second shot is Mark Rebholz who, along with Steve Fossett will fly the aircraft across the ocean.

Not sure if you noticed the big silver airplane they are working on in the back of the hangar, it is the Lancaster Bomber that was at the CNE for 30 years.

Thanks Chiller, I will be heading there tomorrow with my family.

Eric

Thanks Airic.
It was amazing to see this plane. You would not catch me in it..thats for sure. But flying that over the ocean...no way.
I saw that other plane...I was just blown away, at all the stuff there. I have never seen a aircraft museum, and enjoyed it very much. There is also the memorial for the Nimrod that went down in the air show a few years ago. Thanks for the heads up on where to find this.
Enjoy your day there tomorow Airic. I am going crow hunting again. :+)

chiller..the first and third are just great....really really good capture...although, the comment from airic about wishing he had taken the first shot, is hard to beat..so he said it all...

your doing the air craft thing well....maybe that will help with the crow shots...ya think??

These are the other two photos of the vimy, I did not post. The first one , I really messed up with the lighting.

Airics shots really show what this plane should look like.

131_3106a.JPG

131_3108a.jpg

Thanks Canoncan. I can not keep up with Airic on the plane stuff. I saw Airics and saw how they should be taken. Thanks again.

That first one is wonderful. It has a strong "old timey" feel to it.

Have you noticed the compression of your photos? You've got some horrible things going on there. In some cases it really hurts the photo. Did you know that, file size wise, you could use them as an avatar? :shock:

Agreed, very nice work, Chiller. Sorta reminds me of when I go to my grandparent's house and my grandpaw takes out the old WWII albums. ^_^;

Thanks Ferny. I was noticing that the other day. On my computer they seem fine, but after I load them to Village photos, it looks all grainy. I noticed the file size really shrinks too. Thanks for pointing that out. Going to work on that.

You're using Photoshop? If you choose "save for web" it lets you preview the image first. It'll tell you the file size and let you play with the settings. But even then it seems to give you a better version in the preview. When you've saved the image you'll still see the "good" version on your screen until you open/reload that image. Open it up and you'll see the true thing.

Thanks... I did some looking at Village photos, where I upload my photos. There is a "optimize " setting. It was set on Maximum compression. I noticed that it took one photo that was small to start, 125k and made it only 35k. I am going to try your advice tonight, and see if that improves it. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back