What's new

Victims of Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now its a toss up between Rise Against, and Papa Roach.

It changes on a weekly basis. :lol:



never heard of either of them.


i love one republic at the mo [do you know them]
 
and how exactly do you propose to fix it then?

Well, I think the absolute first step is awareness. People need to be aware that their money does speak and there are consequences for every penny spent. And whenever I get the opportunity I try to inform people about the places that they spend their money. I don't claim to know everything, but I do read a lot about different companies and do research. I don't think a lot of people realize the extent that some of these corporations go to in order to make as much money as possible, to the detriment of society. I honestly think the average person does not pay a lot of attention or care where they spend their money, but this is changing and you can see that if you have noticed the entire "Green" movement that is gaining tremendous momentum every day. (on a side note, in Walmart's defense, they are also starting to realize this, and I think I am starting to see the faintest glimmer that they may be starting to change gears - but I will still not shop there until I know this for sure.)

The next step is action. Shop at companies that treat their employees and customers with respect and pay their employees decent living wages. Also don't let your government representatives bow down to corporate pressure and lobbyists. Write your representatives and call them. I do this all the time.

That's my plan anyways. I've been chipping away for years.

And that's the last I'll say about this subject in the thread, because it probably will get locked. I just wanted to reply to this.

(And I also thought you were a man - sorry:wink:!
 
ok marcus.

you do your thing and i do mine.

whos your fave band?
 
ok marcus.

you do your thing and i do mine.

whos your fave band?

LOL, this thread IS funny!

From photo critique, to Walmart discussion, to favorite band discussion.

My absolute favorite band is Modest Mouse. They are musical geniuses and are unlike any band you've heard (if you haven't heard them)
 
cool we have successfully maneuvered the discussion lol

also love amy winehouse
 
hahaha...ok...i think thing whole this is funny...its interesting to see how people get so on edge about things! :) (myself included)

if anyone cares my favorite singer at the moment is Josh Turner...*sigh*
 
modest mouse i will check them out
 
9 albums on amazon.

which one should i get for a taster
 
Its kinda funny how Myspace has become the hub of the music industry...
 
ok peeps

thanks for the banter im gone.


eastenders is on now

bye
 
9 albums on amazon.

which one should i get for a taster

They're all so good...

Their latest that came out last year, "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" is really good, but I think I might like "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" a little better, that's their album prior to We Were Dead...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom