What's new

Wedding Shoot ::FacePalm::

perhaps, it is my work monitor, but shots look soft and bland..

I realize that the interior shots would be hard to accomplish with the hardware you have, but outside shots shouldn't have been an issue.

did you shoot in raw or jpeg?

jpeg


JPG!!?? Why didn't you shoot in RAW?? Especially considering the lens limitation! Exposure would have been a little easier to edit. They aren't bad though, and at least you got the experience under your belt. You wil know what you will want to do different next time. (Other than having time to plan it out!) Looking back, what would you have done different? Only curious since my friends wedding is in a few months.
 
Is you trigger finger worn out. I think it was a very good job for the situation plus an outstanding opportunity for experience. :thumbup:
 
Congrats!!! I just read this thread from the beginning and I couldn't stop doing. All the tips that other members gave, and all the words of affirmation was a great history and overall you did a fantastic job. You got a good eye and future on this business...
Good job!:thumbup:
 
I love this image... You did an over all good job. Hope you like the edit... I just like playing with ps.

Again, good job!
wedding.jpg
 
perhaps, it is my work monitor, but shots look soft and bland..

I realize that the interior shots would be hard to accomplish with the hardware you have, but outside shots shouldn't have been an issue.

did you shoot in raw or jpeg?

jpeg


JPG!!?? Why didn't you shoot in RAW?? Especially considering the lens limitation! Exposure would have been a little easier to edit. They aren't bad though, and at least you got the experience under your belt. You wil know what you will want to do different next time. (Other than having time to plan it out!) Looking back, what would you have done different? Only curious since my friends wedding is in a few months.

lol.:meh:
I dont know the difference between RAW and JPG ...I guess i could google it, but i never thought it was a huge difference for a beginner. lol
I am still trying to learn my settings.
I know a lot of what i would do differently..
First off, a TRIPOD. ( which i might add i bought tonight)
...i also got my 50mm today, but im not savvy enough on manual lenses to have been confident using it for a "cant screw anything up" shoot..
a Fill flash... like sb-400, 600 or something?
also MORE knowledge of the manual settings...

But we learn from the mistakes and mishaps.. and im learning using this 50mm.
I would have been more assertive. But i learned alot.
 
I love this image... You did an over all good job. Hope you like the edit... I just like playing with ps.

Again, good job!
wedding.jpg

im likin' the edit--good job! thank you. What all did you do to it? im noticing the stickers in the windows gone first off... looks a little darker, cleaner...sharper
 
I used photoshop to correct the exposure and then with selective color I brought out the greens a little while adding a little more contrast and I did the same for the reds. Her flowers and his tie looked a little dull. I then bumped the sharpness by +9 just to make it a little more crisp.

I did a real quick (sloppy) job of removing the letters. I wanted to see if I could keep the dress looking natural after removing the letters from behind it... I think it turned out ok.
 
Ok... Last edit, I need to go to bed. I just start playing and I cant stop. This one I thought was a great idea and a great shot. Someone posted this edit either on here or a video I saw... So much info to keep strait. But I like the way it works enough to make an automation of it. I think it works well with the image.

bride2.jpg


EDIT: BTW the edit was done by first correcting the exposure and then I did the following,

1. make copy of the image
2. desaturate the copy (make top layer)
3. gaussian blur (10 pixels) the copy
4. set the opacity of the copy to 60%
 
Last edited:
Ok... Last edit, I need to go to bed. I just start playing and I cant stop. This one I thought was a great idea and a great shot. Someone posted this edit either on here or a video I saw... So much info to keep strait. But I like the way it works enough to make an automation of it. I think it works well with the image.

bride2.jpg


EDIT: BTW the edit was done by first correcting the exposure and then I did the following,

1. make copy of the image
2. desaturate the copy (make top layer)
3. gaussian blur (10 pixels) the copy
4. set the opacity of the copy to 60%

OMG! I love this! your awesome! I dont have photoshop on this computer yet... only PSP 12.. i wonder if i can do this in PSP too? ill try.

thank you!

If you wouldnt mind sending the original edit of this...( Only in case this changed quality or size...if not then dont worry about it.)
My email is
ForeverPhotography@msn.com

again thank you!

i am going to post some more edits later i am working on
 
Why are you thinking of getting a tripod?

Every photographer should have one, but mine is only used for long exposures. Some people use one in studio, but it doesnt move. Thats the problem with tripods is that they are not mobile.

When doing a wedding, you are constantly moving, up, down, here, there... moving a tripod would be a real pain, considering all the stuff and people around you.
 
Congrats!!! I just read this thread from the beginning and I couldn't stop doing. All the tips that other members gave, and all the words of affirmation was a great history and overall you did a fantastic job.

This community is a great help for new photographers when the photographer shows a want to learn and better themselves. The pros here are great at getting involved and helping someone out when its the right time to do so. :)

Shows that a positive attitude can get you a long way. :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom