What's new

Wedding Shoot ::FacePalm::

Hi, I'm yet another person who just read the whole thread through! great story, great advice and some good pictures! well done with the photos and great picture with the kid not wanting a kiss! haha great addition to the photo album.

Well done and great thread :)

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your input and support!:mrgreen:
 
Congrats on on the experience PF!
I think this is the first successful "My First Wedding" thread I have seen. LOL

Aayria, I don't care for your edit very much. Skin has gone too pink, and the reds are too red. The back wall has a sickly green tinge to it. I know fancy effects are subjective, but I don't think this image screamed vignetting, and certainly not white vignetting. The white is too close in tone or value to the wall that it does not read well that it's even there at all, and then you have it well defined on the bottom with the carpet. It just doesn't make visual sense.
Less is more.
I think just a slightly tighter crop would have sufficed.
 
Congrats on on the experience PF!
I think this is the first successful "My First Wedding" thread I have seen. LOL

Aayria, I don't care for your edit very much. Skin has gone too pink, and the reds are too red. The back wall has a sickly green tinge to it. I know fancy effects are subjective, but I don't think this image screamed vignetting, and certainly not white vignetting. The white is too close in tone or value to the wall that it does not read well that it's even there at all, and then you have it well defined on the bottom with the carpet. It just doesn't make visual sense.
Less is more.
I think just a slightly tighter crop would have sufficed.

:thumbup: you brought out some very good points... My eye is still untrained.lol
im learning though with amazing photographers throughout tpf.
 
Congrats on on the experience PF!
I think this is the first successful "My First Wedding" thread I have seen. LOL

Thank you Bitter, I actually find this quite complimenting! ( especially from you) I honestly can say I gave it my all with everything I had at the time being...

Ive added to my collection..
remote, 50mm, and a tripod... SINCE the wedding... and it will continue to keep growing.. but after i get more ( way more) knowledge .. some better lighting equipment... I may give weddings another chance..lol

This forum has taught me A LOT! Im very glad i signed up!

Thanks Again!
 
editTPF.jpg

here ya go. a quick selection. Hows this for less cluttered?
 
Congrats on on the experience PF!
I think this is the first successful "My First Wedding" thread I have seen. LOL

Aayria, I don't care for your edit very much. Skin has gone too pink, and the reds are too red. The back wall has a sickly green tinge to it. I know fancy effects are subjective, but I don't think this image screamed vignetting, and certainly not white vignetting. The white is too close in tone or value to the wall that it does not read well that it's even there at all, and then you have it well defined on the bottom with the carpet. It just doesn't make visual sense.
Less is more.
I think just a slightly tighter crop would have sufficed.


You just completely ruined my self esteem! I can never edit pictures again, you are SO MEAN!!!!!!:violin:


...

....


:mrgreen:
 
;)

I knew you could handle it.

Don't get me wrong though. I love well done appropriate PP, and effects. It's hard to decide when and where and how far. I try to keep to the "less is more" mantra, when in doubt.
 
On a serious note, though, I can see where you're coming from. I would normally agree with the less is more mentality (which is pretty evident on my website), but this struck me as such a playfull shot, I thought it would be a good one to go all out on =) Also, I just downloaded my trial of photoshop and lightroom beta and have been a bit "slider" happy :lol: Anyway, your opinion is good, and I think I mostly agree, but I still kind of like this edit, especially if the client wanted something a bit more playful. I tried not to go overboard with the pink tones, but I probably would bump down the red slider a bit.

As for the smudge and poor cloning job, I was just going for something that got the idea across, but if the OP or anyone was actually going to use it, I'd make it cleaner.

As for the greenish hue to the wall, I'm getting more of a light blue-ish white on my screen , hmmmmm....
 
Ok ok.. I'll be back in a few minutes with the BEST. EDIT. EVER. of that picture...



:mrgreen:
 
Ok.. So I took what bitter had to say to heart.

The pink/red channels needed adjusting. And the white vignetting wasn't defined eough against that light wall, it really needed to make more visual sense. And the blueish or greenish hue to the wall was still unclear.

So I made everything much more clear to convey the idea more succinctly.




weddingshotRED1of1.jpg



I don't know, too over the top?

Just incase it was too much, I thought to myself "what does EVERYONE love?" I know!

weddingshotsc1of1.jpg


:mrgreen:

*To the OP... despite ALL my hard work, I will try my best not to be TOO offended if you decide not to offer these edits to the newlyweds. :lol:
 
OMG! You have got to be kidding me!
You need to delete Photoshop, pronto!

Actually that was hilarious, and thank you for such a good laugh so early in the morning. You forgot to add some hearts and thought bubbles, to be critical.

Ok, back to serious. You said that the image was playfull, and thus the decision to add things to accentuate it. That's exactly my decision not to on this. It is SOOOOOoo cute as it is, it can stand on it's own.
 
Phew! OK.. So, I made it out alive! 930+ some images later... I was there about 8 hours. Pre wedding, post wedding... etc etc etc. A switched around from P mode, portrait and Auto ( no flash ).. Right when i was starting to get used to P mode, a pic would make me doubt it, and i didnt want to second chance it. theres no retakes! ( however, i am DEFINITELY loving it, gonna start practicing in that get used to switching settings)

The atmosphere was SUPER cramped. Small, decently lit church. small mobile home for the reception pics ( VERY crappy lighting ) at one point i had them hold a clamp light and deflect it off the ceiling, which worked pretty good.

I was Sweating bullets the whole damn time.... i think i was more nervous than they were:lmao:

BUT, what *was* a free gig... i got tipped 250 bucks for my first shoot. Not to shabby.

Ill get some pics up ( i havnt seen them yet aside from previews)... and see if i can get some C/C...

THANK YOU all for all of your help!

Just started to read the post and I think you are awesome. I would have probably passed out after 30 minutes into the shoot.
 
Ok.. So I took what bitter had to say to heart.

The pink/red channels needed adjusting. And the white vignetting wasn't defined eough against that light wall, it really needed to make more visual sense. And the blueish or greenish hue to the wall was still unclear.

So I made everything much more clear to convey the idea more succinctly.




weddingshotRED1of1.jpg



I don't know, too over the top?

Just incase it was too much, I thought to myself "what does EVERYONE love?" I know!

weddingshotsc1of1.jpg


:mrgreen:

*To the OP... despite ALL my hard work, I will try my best not to be TOO offended if you decide not to offer these edits to the newlyweds. :lol:

lol, Aayria, You're a riot! :lmao: :hug::
 
editTPF.jpg

here ya go. a quick selection. Hows this for less cluttered?

Yeah.. thats definitely less cluttered lol

How
did you do this? thats why Im here.. to learn :)~

what else could i possibly do with this picture to make it more appealing to the client?
The edges are a little rough, im sure i can fix that... but should i do anything else to it?

Thank you for your input and Pp ! :thumbup:
 
BUMP!
**New Edits** tell me what you think? If i did ok.. and what I can do to make them better.
I used PSP x2, Im new to photo editing.. so im still learning tricks...
I dont plan on giving the clients the watermarked images either... just so you all know that ahead of time. I am just practicing with them.

Cleaned up, cloned, blurred, messed with contrast/saturation, cropped...etc.
1.)
Kevin_Jayce_Watermarked.jpg


Sharpened the gems and rings.. smoothed and softened skin tones...
2.)
Holding_hands_1_Framed_watermarked.jpg


3.)
Cake_1_Watermarked.jpg


4.)
Cake_2_edited_watermarked.jpg


This shot had a ton of background distractions...was practicly sitting on an oven.. fridge and stuff in the back.. so this is my very first attempt at this type of edit. removed the background, filled it in...adjusted a few other things.. hows the edit on this.? and should i have done something different to it?
5.)
CAKE_LargeEdit_watermarked.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom