Weekly challenge 4/17 - 4/23 The Joy of Color

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, let’s get ready for the bright colors of spring and summer by breaking out the color wheel! Post photos using one of the following color schemes (the linked articles provide info if you’re not sure). Be sure to comment with which color scheme applies to your photo. Bonus points if you can title your photo after a song with a color in it. Advanced super bonus - post one of each scheme!

1 - Monochromatic
2 - Complementary
3 - Split complementary
4 - Analogous
5 - Tetradic/Double complementary
6 - Triadic

7327EB42-D70F-4B09-9376-D4075CE4472D.jpeg

As always, new photos only for the challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

Color theory for photographers: An introduction to the color wheel

Color Theory and Photography: A Primer

Color Theory for Photographers: An Introduction

My opinion would be no since you’ve got yellow and orange. But it’s definitely debatable.

I always think of it as a black and white image that normally includes shades of gray, black and white. So I'm submitting this. But, some definitions of the word include shades of any single color.

What started as a cloudless blue sky day ended as a cloudy overcast. Taken on the long way home. I turned left and took the road less traveled.

R6__8019DriveMonoSign-RS.jpg

Last edited:
I don't even make the rookie level of color theory and I don't really see browns/tans in the color wheel. I found this old wrench just a little while ago looking for frost damage in a beet field. Is it monochromatic or analogous or just boring?
IMG-7435.jpg

Most reactions

Back