Weekly challenge 9/7 - 9/-13 In the Middle

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let’s ignore the rule of thirds, the golden ratio and the compositional triangles and put our subjects dead center. Any subject you like, but if it’s a landscape, make sure your main subject or your horizon is at the center. If we’re ignoring the compositional “rules” the subject will need to be something that benefits from this placement. A reflection, something symmetrical, lots of negative space, filling the frame...

As always new photos only for the challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

How to Create a Strong Composition by Centering the Subject

How centered compositions can improve your photography

Was out this morning in Hanko Finland and came across this. A fellow shooter was out capturing morning light as well.

20190907013047_IMG_3659-01-1373x772.jpeg

Yesterday afternoon the humongous lens I rented came.
It's the Fuji XF 100-400.
This morning having my coffee out on the back porch I was playing around with it. Mostly trying to lift it and hold it steady...

This hummingbird came along and looked different from the Black-chinned that are usually around.
I've looked online.
The major possibilities are Rufous or Allen's female.
Since earlier this summer there had been a Rufous male hanging around for a few days and since Allen's hummingbirds are usually way farther west than Albuquerque, I'm thinking this is a female/immature male Rufous.

As I finished editing the image I came over here to see what is this week's challenge.
I laughed when I realized my crop put the hummingbird feeder in the middle.
So, here it is!

not seen here before hummingbird

Last edited:
Yesterday afternoon the humongous lens I rented came.
It's the Fuji XF 100-400.
This morning having my coffee out on the back porch I was playing around with it. Mostly trying to lift it and hold it steady...

This hummingbird came along and looked different from the Black-chinned that are usually around.
I've looked online.
The major possibilities are Rufous or Allen's female.
Since earlier this summer there had been a Rufous male hanging around for a few days and since Allen's hummingbirds are usually way farther west than Albuquerque, I'm thinking this is a female/immature male Rufous.

As I finished editing the image I came over here to see what is this week's challenge.
I laughed when I realized my crop put the hummingbird feeder in the middle.
So, here it is!

not seen here before hummingbird

I hope you’ll post a thread about the lens.

Most reactions

Back