What brand of camera do you use?

What brand of camera do you use?

• Total voters
got my first Nikon in 1977, it was a F2 plus a 135 nikkor,then the rot set in, i got a 24mm, 50mm,300mm, then a FE, then on a trip to the states i got a F4S, then i needed a couple of auto focus lenses, so it was an 85mm, and part exchanged the 300mm for a 300mm auto, and then a 500mm nikkor mirror lens..and a couple of weeks ago digital reared it's head and i got a D100 and one more lens a 24-85AF.ED zoom, that is it, the buying days are over. :roll:

I'm a complete newbie and just bought my first SLR a few weeks ago, a Minolta Dynax Maxxum 404si (stsi I think they are in the States). Obviously, I can't compare it to any other SLR's, but for me it has been great so far. Easy to use, light, comfortable to hold. I currently have a 28-80mm zoom lense which sits me for most purposes but I am hoping to get a 100-300mm for my birthday :)

I'm using an Olympus C-2040Z and prior to that I had a very good memory.
For my next camera I'm torn between the Sony DSC-F717 or going the whole hog and getting a true digital SLR such as the Canon EOS -10D.

After looking at a lot of digi camera reviews I finally decided on one.
Today I picked up the pentax optio 550, So far after playing around with it for a few hours I am very impressed with all the features that crammed into its small size. 5 mega pixles a 5x optical zoom I also got a 256 SD card for it.
now I just need the weather to break so I can get outside and take some pictures with it
Bruce

Over the years I have finished up with the following Nikon bodies 2xF801, an F601M, & an FM, with these Nikon lenses. A/F 70/210, 50mm 1.8 A/F, 35-70 A/F & 105 2.8 Micro Nikkor.

Also have a seldom used Mamiya 645j with 55mm lens ... ok for landscapes.

When my 35mm compact was stolen I replaced it with a Kodak DC3800 digital, quite ok for point & shoot record shots but a bit of a dinosaur compared to the latest digital cams ..... Only after 2 1/2 years too I might add.

...i use the Nikon system and last year went 'retro-tech' - purchasing an FM3A (black body)

IMHO, Nikon engineers have hit a home run with this model

What a delight!

:)

e_

Hey - so far only 6 votes for Canon???
Hmmm, lemme guess - all the Canon users are actually out taking photos? :p

Me?: Canon AE-1 Program :cyclops:

Regards,
cHUCk in Melbourne

I'm using a Minolta Dimage 7 (5mp). I'm liking it a lot, really. It's a nice Camera to begin and stuff, at least I'm catching on with it. For just point and shoot I'm using an olympus d550, It's a 3mp model.

I'm using a pentax zx30. I enjoy the camera, but if you're in the market. DO NOT BUY the zx 60 which is what they have out now. Its way too automatic, althought the zxm is nice

Olympus C 300 Which i bought last april. This is my first ever digital camera and i am very pleased with it. It has an array of tools even lets you chose the 'equivalent' film speed. Dave K, who has posted on here has the ultimate digital camera in the Canon E10. But he won't let me near it. He's that mean he only breathes in. :roll:

I have 2 olympus om-1's nice 1970 ish silver bodies.. tons of lenses. (135 my fav)

A thread mounted practica.. great for dangerous shots like in water or bad weather when you don't wanna risk your nice ones.

and i have a fuji fine pix 1300 digital.

Ohh.. i have some old 8 milimeter video cameras for doing skate videos and a 4 x 5 Arca-Swiss monorail view camera (from college)

I currently have three, and don't use any one of them enough.
Sigma SA9
Minolta x370s
Yashicamat 124G
I need to click more shutter and less mouse.

I currently have three, and don't use any one of them enough.
Sigma SA9
Minolta x370s
Yashicamat 124G

I currently have three cameras and don't use any one of them enough.

Sigma SA9
Minolta x370s
Yashicamat 124G

Most reactions

Back