pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And now, time for something deeep ;)

What do you get out of photography, what makes you carry on and want to pursue it? Do you enjoy the act or simply the end results? Do you prefer creating it or the income, if any, generated from it (be honest!)?

Personally, I find it satisfying and extremely rewarding to produce works of art that I enjoy, and can print big and hang up. Decoration that you yourself have made through a combination of artistic and technical knowledge. I think I also, to a lesser extent, enjoy the act of taking a photograph and the compositional, lighting and technical challenges associated.

Your turn.

Photos and damp, muddy patches on my trouser knees!

For my I very much just enjoy capturing the sights I see with my camera - as such I just shoot for me only - and I shoot what I like :)
I also hope in the future to travel places with my camera and be able to record well what I view in those far and distant lands. I strive to improve and perfect my techincal and artistic skills as well as fully intending to further my fieldcraft understandings to be able to really get close with the camera.

ps 99.9% of what I shoot is wildlife :)

it stops me thinking about my life

i love to just wander around in different kind of places looking around, especially by myself.
i have a thing for deserted place. deserted people-wise, that is.
my effort in taking pictures is to make images that do justice to the beauty and charm of what comes in my way to take some of it back home with me.
succeding means satisfaction and enjoyiment afterwards, while the act itself is extremely relaxing and makes me observe whatever is around me better and more passionately, which makes the wandering experience even more enjoyiable.

that, or something alike.

it stops me thinking about my life

Helps me stop thinking about your life too. :)

Seriously; Gives me something to do when I'm out in the middle of nowhere. I get to be an artist. And, I've learned to appreciate my environment and pass that along to others who may be interested and annoy those who may not be.

At first photography was just a way for me to capture images of places I've been/done and have something to remember it with. But now its become more of a way for me to be creative other then drawing or painting which I quickly lose interest in because of the amount of effort and time it takes to create a good drawing or painting ( I swear I must have ADD) also why I haven't taken a real art class in over 4 years.

But along with being creative its still a way for me to capture memories and be able to keep them forever and share them with people.

I love the lifestyle. You know, the glory, the adulation of adoring fans everywhere I go, the cars, the babes, the parties, the binging on drugs and booze, the mansions and vacation homes, the rich fantasy life that I've apparently developed...

I think Ronnie James Dio said it best:

"You're just a picture / You're an image crossing time"

I enjoy photography because you are capturing something that will never happen again in the same place at the same time.

Yes, you can go back and re-photograph a building, bridge, etc, etc....but the lighting may be different, the same flowers may be out of bloom...subtle things are in constant change.

I do it to prove to myself that it's not an impossible task, I like to learn new things. I was really mad at first that I had to do it all on my own but it feels good to make a call on something and be totally responsible for the end result. It makes me happy that I'm capable of doing that artistically.... The only thing I haven't liked thus far was using tungsten...Yuck:lol:. I went through about 3 rolls before I got it...yay for me. Accomplishing something I thought I would not understand and being creative...that's why I do it.:blushing:

Girls and invites to awesome parties.

Oh creative release too from an otherwise very technical job. ... But mainly the girls.

i love to just wander around in different kind of places looking around, especially by myself.

Agreed! My best photos and also my most enjoyable photographic experiences happen when it's just me and the camera, on my own, no groups or other people to pressure me into hurrying up or trying to suggest photo ideas. I can take as long as I want exploring compositions, trying until I get it right. A week ago I found myself ill in Petra, Jordan, and had something like 3 hours to slowly meander my way back through the city streets to the bus while the others went on. Bliss.

it helps me see through the daily grind/mess and see life.

Agreed. Allows me just to unwind and take some time for myself.

I love the lifestyle. You know, the glory, the adulation of adoring fans everywhere I go, the cars, the babes, the parties, the binging on drugs and booze, the mansions and vacation homes, the rich fantasy life that I've apparently developed...

This too. :thumbup:

For me I just get joy in capturing the natural beauty around me, whether that is from a sunrise with a tree reflecting in a lake, or animals, or my favorite, capturing emotion. I strive to do it in a way that makes an even deeper impression than just a snapshot and I know I have a lot to learn yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back