What I would really like from Adobe...

footballfan993

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerwarnecke.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think it would be really cool if Adobe had a web based app for Lightroom and Photoshop, that didn't require a download. Often times, I have a lot of downtime at my job, like I have downtime now, and I think that being able to edit my photos at work, would be very nice feature to have.

If Adobe came out with a web based app, where you can upload photos, much like
Apple's iCloud, or a similar cloud based storage, and have access to them on the web/anywhere, and then be able to edit them in a web browser, and in their dedicated downloadable apps. I would pay more per month for these features.

I thought I saw a web based LR-like app that you can log in through the cloud on one of the Scott Kelby's videos (Kelbyone)
and edit stuff in. No?

I remember they came out with an online editor like that several years ago. Seems like it was right around the time they launched the first LR, but the two didn't seem to have anything to do with one another.

It was severely limited in what it could do. I played with it for a few days and wasn't terribly impressed at the time, so never looked at it again. Don't know whatever happened to it.

This video I saw they went from a laptop to an iphone to a browser editing the same files and checking out the sync.
Looked pretty good to me, not that I need that.

Not at 1AM on the phone, sorry :(
Virtually all their stuff is about Adobe in one way or another and it was part of a very long video posted in
the last month or two, look 50-60mins+, probably in The GRID series.

They're not talking about anything special, they just showcased a few things about the service, I'm sure you
can find hundreds of vids on the subject and/or on the adobe site itself, I'm pretty sure it's a part of lightroom
family products.

If you have the Adobe CC subscription you can probably find it fast.
I don't have it. :-/

This video I saw they went from a laptop to an iphone to a browser editing the same files and checking out the sync.

I heard that the editing is very limited and on a phone you can't see things correct but for on the fly quick editing it is ok

I heard that the editing is very limited and on a phone you can't see things correct but for on the fly quick editing it is ok
This is pretty accurate. I mainly use the mobile LR app for editing phone pics but it can handle it fine. My issue isn't the app but the small screen on the phone. I edit at work all the time. I have LR 6.1 installed on my laptop. I don't use the cloud thing though so I don't know how that works.

This is pretty accurate. I mainly use the mobile LR app for editing phone pics but it can handle it fine. My issue isn't the app but the small screen on the phone. I edit at work all the time. I have LR 6.1 installed on my laptop. I don't use the cloud thing though so I don't know how that works.

I have to agree with you 100% on editing on a phone. I have a light duty app to edit photos I take to upload to Instagram or whatever (I'm too proud to use filters :) ). I can't edit on a small screen. I'm too spoiled with my 2 monitor setup to edit on a 2 inch screen. In terms of editing on the cloud, I've never even attempted it. Trying to process a RAW file from the cloud when it's 30+MB on a spotty at times internet connection doesn't seem like it would work very well. If I needed to edit on a laptop or another computer, I'd just use a thumb drive for the pics. Much quicker :)

I think the web based thing uses a resized preview only, not the full RAW file.
Probably the same on mobile.

I am unsure for apple but Androids photo mate r2 software is amazing I loved it on my tablet (before it died) I used to plug my camera into the tablet and import the photos in. it is basically the same as lightroom. I did love it but now I just take my laptop with lightroom and Photoshop because it is quicker and I can do a better job of the editing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back