What is best now on market Professional camera ?

ovis90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have Nikon d5200 ,but I am thinking to buy more professional camera. But not sure which one to buy. I am open to both brands. Right now I thinking about Nikon d850 i found almost new with 6 month warranty for 2399euros,but not sure for one thing. Because I also want to shot video,but I usually know that most popular for videos are Canon. Maybe someone can give me opinion those who have used both Nikon and Canon cameras. Or maybe I should buy older model and would get same result.

Have not used Canon, But the D850 is a beast. A MASSIVE upgrade from 5200 but you need to iron out what you want from it, Canon get better video reviews on their gear, it's personal preference, TBH I've never used video on the D850, I don't intend to, it's not my bag, but as a piece if kit that serves me and survives it's amazing. You don't need a top of the line model for video... it's a waste of cash IMO.

Have not used Canon, But the D850 is a beast. A MASSIVE upgrade from 5200 but you need to iron out what you want from it, Canon get better video reviews on their gear, it's personal preference, TBH I've never used video on the D850, I don't intend to, it's not my bag, but as a piece if kit that serves me and survives it's amazing. You don't need a top of the line model for video... it's a waste of cash IMO.

I heard now Mirrorles cameras getting popular like Sony a9 or Nikon z7. Do you think do people used them to work as professional photographers or for professional video? What would be your suggestion what to buy now something that i can get best quality of photos and video would be bonus as well. What about Nikon d750?

You need to decide what you want, Weight, lenses, photo, video. I can't recommend a system for you, each has plus and minus and you need to weigh up what works for you. Don't just buy the most expensive modern tech. What is your skill level? what do you need or want that your camera does not give you?

I need a camera that I could start earning money working in wedding photography or both used for video.
One of the bad things with my camera I notice is it's not so good at night I have to raise ISO and it gets a lot of noise. It has only one memory slot if i want to work in professional photography. I want better quality photos and video would be good 4k.

Show us some of your stuff, A camera does not earn you money..

There is NO such thing as a best camera for everything. There are a huge range of models available each having a different set of compromises.

A medium format digital will typically have better image quality then a 'full frame' of similar age, but will cost more, weigh more & be a bit slower to operate. (The medium format will also have a much smaller range of lenses available.) You get similar things between other format sizes, but a half decent photographer will get better results with a micro four thirds camera (fairly small sensor) than a novice will with a medium format.

Then knowledge of lighting & some appropriate kit will add much more still to the quality of wedding/portrait shots, the camera is quite a small part of the equation...

I suspect very few will use medium format digital cameras to shoot weddings, they are great for landscapes (if you can afford them and cope with the weight) yet pretty much useless for motorsports. When it comes to travel photography many would argue that a smaller camera is important with micro four thirds or even something like the Nikon 1 having advantages over full frame. Opinions vary on how small the camera can be & produce acceptable results...

Many photographers find ergonomics & menu systems make a camera from a different manufacturer than they are used to sufficiently different that they can't get on with them. Others find the way a particular brand renders colours work well for them. These factors are highly subjective, what is perfect for one may be horrible for someone else shooting the same subject.

There is NO such thing as a best camera for everything. ..........

Bingo!

If there truly was a 'best' of anything, be it cameras, pickup trucks, cell phones etc, it would be the only one on the market.

I need a camera that I could start earning money working in wedding photography or both used for video.
Aside from the camera, lenses, and lighting equipment, the photographer should know how to make excellent photographs. Can you do that?

If I did weddings then the D850 would be my selection. Then I would add a Z6 as business picked up to replace the D5200 that was the backup, the Z6 would then become the main video unit and second camera for photography.

What is it that your current camera is not doing that you need?
This should be how you guide your purchase so you don't go down the "Pro" camera rabbit hole of biased recommendations.

Make a list of what you want that your current camera is poor at.
List any must have features as well as nice to have features that you want from the next camera.
See what cameras in your budget meet the most needs/wants on the list.
Pick the top 3 and head down to the store to get them in hand.
Compare price/features/how it feels in the hand.
Weight the above factors to come up with the bast camera for you.

Anything less and you're just guessing.

If video is a big concern, look at mirrorless as they are usually much better at video than a dSLR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back