What is your favorite lense and why?

Lol, why do I want a new lense? Because my hubby agreed that I could get another lol...HAHAHA!

24-70mm 2.8, great all around lens. The only other would be the 17-40mm 4.0 for landscapes/city scapes

I would have to say my favorite is my 50mm 1.4 but I just got my new Tokina 16-50mm F/2.8 from Adorama yesterday. Hopefully will get some time with it over the extrended holiday weekend. I think that it will become my most used/favorite lens.

The Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye is a fun lens that hasn't been mentioned.
It makes you look at things around you differently, and will dare you to shoot things you never thought you would.

BigmaD90.jpg

It's a guy thing! ;)

I'm also quite fond of my Nikon 24-70mm. That's what's most often mounted on the body of the day.

^^^^HEHE^^^^

These are the lenses that I usually carry in my bag. Canon 85mm 1.8 and Tamron 17-50mm 2.8.

So, is that lens in the photo a zoom, or just another prime lens?

it says.. 24-70 in the post.. so I assume a zoom.

<< thinking.. In a technology driven world when things are getting smaller (better), why does the photography world think physically bigger is better?

A favorite in my collection but only gets used a handful of times a year (its a bear to carry and handle):

380427815.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite lens is definitely one of these.......

BT14Glass.jpg

:lol:

Lol, why do I want a new lense? Because my hubby agreed that I could get another lol...HAHAHA!

HAH!! Best reason in the world right there!

Personally, my favorite lens is my 50mm f/1.8. When I do portraiture, this is the lens that reach for. Plus I don't have any other good portraiture lenses... I'd love an 85mm f/1.4, but... my wife hasn't gotten to the same place that your hubby's at...

Limited funds means that I have a bunch of cheap glass and make do. Of the lenses that I'm making do with the 50mm f/1.8 is a joy and is most often the one I'm shooting with.

So, is that lens in the photo a zoom, or just another prime lens?

it says.. 24-70 in the post.. so I assume a zoom.

<< thinking.. In a technology driven world when things are getting smaller (better), why does the photography world think physically bigger is better?

A favorite in my collection but only gets used a handful of times a year (its a bear to carry and handle):

380427815.jpg

Oly-hay ucking-fay it-shay, Batman!! I just threw out my back looking at the pic!

Most reactions

Back