What is Your Worst Photo Op Position?

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just wondering what some of the crazy things are people have done to get that perfect photo?

today, I was literally waist deep in snow wearing jeans and runners to get "the perfect photo"

what kinds of things have you guys done?

laying in coney island beach in jeans and my North face on a windy and cold day at the end of december. lol. that's the only one I can think of right now. :p

Hmmm... let's see: Laying on my stomach in Lombard St (The 'crookedest street in the world', San Francisco, CA) to get "that" shot, walking through the slums of Chennai, India with $5000+ in gear for human interest shots... Standing on the open deck of a ship in hurricane-force winds to get wave captures probably ranks right up there too...

Because I'm so new to photography I can't answer the question.

I do, however, like the topic---it can be very interesting. The only thing that is missing so far are the PHOTOS. People have shared "their worst photo op position", can we see the photos?

My son's football game, 80 km/hr wind, and raining so hard that you couldn't see with your wipers on at 7 degrees celcius laying in a mud puddle (the whole area was basically one big mud puddle) to get "that" shot......boy was I glad the season was almost over. Sadly "that" shot was lost on my last pc because it died the next day and I hadn't had a chance to back it up :gah:

Never done anything too risky-- though the other day I got crashed into by some basketball players. Sadly I didn't have a wide angle lens on to capture the crash :(

Here's a photo from the game, though

I was shoulder deep in water once getting close to winter and a mile away from the car ... I was sick for almost a month after that one.

I also did some closeup shots of a copperhead with a 55mm lens once .. I avoided getting bit but came close a few times before I was made to stop shooting.

Then I lost my balance once at the top of a 10+ foot muddy creek bed and slid down on my back .. had the camera in my hands so I couldnt stop myself .. just had to twist so that I hit on my back and slid down holding the camera against my chest into the freezing cold creek water .. camera was saved :mrgreen: but my feet were frozen by the time I got back to the car.

Nothing major, I drove about 3 miles down this road.....

20090111DSCF8932.jpg

Of which there is trees on the left and a river right beside the road on the right. I drove down to take a photo from across the river of this.....

DSCF7026.jpg

Of which I could not see through the brush along the river for a good shot, unfortunately (that shot is from the bike trail on the other side of the river.)

Then I realized, there was no where to turn around, so I had to drive in reverse for 3 miles to get back to civilization, which is this direction....

20090111DSCF8934.jpg

Couldn't turn around because it is way too soft on the sides and too deep for my junk SUVwannabee.

I hung my camera and leaned over a waterfall with shallow water at the bottem.... needless to say the photo didnt turn out to well

well worst thing i can think of is laying in the snow to get this shot. O and i was only wearing boxers. I was in my backyard, home alone and I was to lazy to put on clothes and just walked outside to take pictures. I can only imagine what the neighbors thought if they saw that.

cheated a little too close to the sideline and got smoked in the face when an official backpedaled into my camera at a football game

crawling through various sorts of muck and undergrowth doing animal photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back