What makes a shot in a concert..

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought this might be of interest to anyone who is interested in shooting live concerts. It's not just about clicking away. There is always some thought behind choosing when you click and then which image you select after.

Made a blog post about how I select images, which make the cut and which don't, and the why behind it.

What makes a shot.. feat. Slaves on Dope | Heavy MTL | PierreBPhoto

Nice! But your first 4 shots seem to be fuzzy...No idea why.

Regards,
Jake

It's important to note, though, that this is your way of approaching it. It's what works for you.

There's no "one way"...

It's important to note, though, that this is your way of approaching it. It's what works for you.

There's no "one way"...

100% agree with you. There is never just one way. Figured if I shared part of my way, might help someone find their way :)

I'm glad I don't shoot this sort of stuff... I got a headache just looking at those pictures! :lol:

lol... the kicks in the head that sometimes happen don't help ;)

Music is a passion, as well as photography (although photography is also my bread and butter) so mixing the two is just amazing. To each their own, but I love what I do. And even though I've been doing it for years, I still try and find ways to shoot differently, process quicker, and when I can, share what I know :)

Live concert photography can be an exciting, yet, nerve-racking time. The lights, the stage, the crowd….there are so many things out of your control as a photographer but that needn’t stop you from obtaining great results with a few hints to help get you started

Live concert photography can be an exciting, yet, nerve-racking time. The lights, the stage, the crowd….there are so many things out of your control as a photographer but that needn’t stop you from obtaining great results with a few hints to help get you started

One word: MAGENTA.

I've yet to discover anything which can truly, effectively negate the negative effects of magenta lighting. Red is a close second.

I went to shoot Coheed and Cambria once, and the only lights they used were red, and the lights were located behind the band.

Sometimes, the best decision is to not shoot at all...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back