Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Aperture priority

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, but why does it matter what someone else uses?

well.... because you could be useless at photography and say that you use manual only and it instantly makes you coooler....

it boils down like this

i could use aperture priority and decide to use F9 and let the camera pick the shutter speed for me.. and that would be kinda cool...

or

i could use manual and decide to use F9 and fumble with the meter to get the same shutter speed.... and that makes me REALLY COOL.....

Mostly manual, occasionally AV or TV.

Not counting non-iTTL multi flash stuff (which is the ONLY time I shoot manual) I shoot either aperture or shutter priority. P drives me nuts. My camera doesn't have a "green idiot button" on it.

I see no reason to shoot in full manual except for when doing non-dedicated flash work...

I mean, if I am controlling the aperture, and using the camera's internal meter, then why on earth would I have to manually set the shutter speed as well? It is simply a wasted step, life's too short.

If the meter gets it wrong, then I fix the exposure... but that's about 1 percent of the time.

Im in the all of the above group, except for the Auto mode. If I want to shoot Auto then I will go to P&S cameras.
The majority will call my camera a P&S and I shoot manual 95% of the time. The other 5% would be Aperture priority.

I checked M, Av, and Tv.

I use Av the most, followed by M, and Tv.

I shoot manual almost exclusively. But thats because my lenses are all from my pre D80 days. i.e. no cpu, no in lens nothing... They are manual lenses. If I try to let the D80 figure compensation with out the CPU lens I get wack results. Besides, I started with the Canon Program, and Minolta AE-1 Manual is sort of where I am comfortable.

I like Apeture mode though when I do use my fellow photog's DX lenses.

I would have selected Auto, but really my camera only has a Program. (I also selected manual... I really haven't used aperature or shutter priority much) I probably do about 40% manual, 60% program, but that has been shifting steadily over the years towards more manual.

Shoot weddings and you will understand. Not just for flash work either...

I have shot over 100 weddings (although, admittedly, I shot them back in the 1980's in fully manual mode since my Hassleblad C500's didn't have no stinkin automatic nonsense).

I honestly don't understand why it is important to shoot manually if you use the camera's light meter. If you are metering with a hand meter, then absolutely it makes sense, but if you are using your camera's meter, who cares who actually sets settings other than the aperture (or shutter speed if you are shooting stuff that is moving).

If your camera light meter is good enough to trust to give you an accurate manual exposure, then it is good enough to set either the aperture or shutter speed to provide appropriate exposures in conjunction with the aperture or shutter speed you are using. The meter is telling you where to set your A or S any way you slice it, you can choose to trust it or not.

IMHO.

With a hand meter, of course, all bets are off.

I can't answer this poll, I use all the modes at different times.

well.... because you could be useless at photography and say that you use manual only and it instantly makes you coooler....

it boils down like this

i could use aperture priority and decide to use F9 and let the camera pick the shutter speed for me.. and that would be kinda cool...

or

i could use manual and decide to use F9 and fumble with the meter to get the same shutter speed.... and that makes me REALLY COOL.....

I like how you think. You're going places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back