What to buy?

Thanks for the answer!

May sound like a silly question, but if my manual focus lenses work on it.. will automatic ones work too? :drool:

I'll be looking around for all the models suggested. x]

Lol, this is REALLY going to sound pathetic, but my budget just fired up to ~$1500.

So yeah, my budget is now $1500. I need an SLR camera which I can hopefully use the manual focus nikon lenses I already have (listed somewhere in this thread).

XD I hope this will open up more opportunities.

Thanks!

i wish my money spontaneously appeared like that =\

you should be good with a D90 or D200. and a couple entry lenses. you could get a D300 but wouldn't have any room for additional lenses.

Lol, it's a long story how my budget shot up like that, just forget it. XD

I'll wait for any more recommendations before taking my decision, thanks.

Lol, it's a long story how my budget shot up like that, just forget it. XD

I'll wait for any more recommendations before taking my decision, thanks.

You may want to wait for couple more weeks. At that time, you should be able to get the D700 (based on your budget increase rate) and few nice lenses :lol:

Wait till June/July the D300 replacement is rumored to come out then.

You may want to wait for couple more weeks. At that time, you should be able to get the D700 (based on your budget increase rate) and few nice lenses :lol:

Lmao, okay no, I'll explain the sudden budget increase. :p

At starters, I had about $300. (first post)

Then within the thread, I received my taxes' reimbursement of $100. So $400.

Then I had to cancel a flight ticket due to the airport I was going to being closed down thanks to the swine flu, thus an extra $1100 popped in the budget rate. :p

In result, my budget's now $1500.

So.. is there any tips on how I could set up a list of "potential" cameras to buy and consider them all?

Thanks. XD

Dude, just go to a camera store and try some and see what you like. There is no great mystery to choosing a camera. Just pick one you like and one that will work for what you want to do.

I apologize for getting "spammy", but I've found something that looks strangely like a really good deal on Kijiji (which is the Canadian equivalent to Craigslist XD)

Canon EOS 1000D Rebel XS 10.1 megapixel.
With Lens EF-S 18-55 mm f/3,5-5,6 IS and a lens EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5,6 IS.
SD card of 8GB. Another SD card of 4GB Class 6.
4 filters UV 58mm. Batteries charger.
Bought the 25th of february, all like brand new with the boxes and instruction manuals and everything.

He says to have taken 374 shots with it.

He wants to sell it because he originally bought it for his girlfriend who then found herself not interested in photography. (He has another one for him.)

He's asking $950 for it, negotiable. Since it's used, there would be no taxes.

What do you guys think? Is that a good deal? Should I negotiate for it?

Oh also, any idea if I would be able to use my old lenses as listed above with that one?

I apologize for getting "spammy", but I've found something that looks strangely like a really good deal on Kijiji (which is the Canadian equivalent to Craigslist XD)

Canon EOS 1000D Rebel XS 10.1 megapixel.
With Lens EF-S 18-55 mm f/3,5-5,6 IS and a lens EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5,6 IS.
SD card of 8GB. Another SD card of 4GB Class 6.
4 filters UV 58mm. Batteries charger.
Bought the 25th of february, all like brand new with the boxes and instruction manuals and everything.

He says to have taken 374 shots with it.

He wants to sell it because he originally bought it for his girlfriend who then found herself not interested in photography. (He has another one for him.)

He's asking $950 for it, negotiable. Since it's used, there would be no taxes.

What do you guys think? Is that a good deal? Should I negotiate for it?

Oh also, any idea if I would be able to use my old lenses as listed above with that one?

The XS is not a bad camera. Actually, most of the entry-level cameras are not bad a all. Sorry, I do not know the price of the camera in Canada. But I do not think the lens you had will work in that camera. (do not know too much about adapter that change the Nikon lens mount to Canon).

A friend of mine who is a photoraphy pationate told me that Nikon lenses won't work on a Canon..

And he's made me SERIOUSLY consider to buy this:

L.L.Lozeau - Ensemble Nikon D90 avec 18-55mm VR

So unless someone has a better suggestion, I believe I will buy that as I can also use my manual focus lenses on it. XD

Just general info for everyone, I just called a photography shop, they told me that only the Nikon D90 and higher will properly receive manual focus lenses!

Older versions won't.. I guess I'll be getting a D90 then. ^_^;

Take you lenses to the shop. Try them and see!

Since you have a Nikon camera before, it might be better to go for a Nikon DSLR. Remember that in this field, you are not buying a camera but a "system". Camera bodies come and go quite often but not the lenses and flash.

Go to the nearest camera shop and try out all the cameras you want before buying. The one you feel is perfect for your hands is a great choice. Best of luck on your purchase!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back