When will Nikon catch up/match Canon in Video?

Its simple a comment towards how you continue to throw other peoples online references aside followed by other references you deem as the only ones acceptible. I dont care who or what site is wrong or right.

Again your inability to accept other differing opinions with any sort of class.

Ps.. not responding to you in any detail... couldnt get past the first couple sentences.

A wonderfully patronising response! I'm not quite sure your right on this at all, Hogan has never ever come across as a Nikon fan boy to me.

Have you googled "Thom Hogan"? What's the first link that comes up? What's contained in the page name? Thom Hogan is as unbiased as Faux News.

Sorry, usayit, sorry o hey tyler...Thom Hogan was involved with one of the world's first successful digital camera product launches--that of the old Apple QuickTake digital camera, back when you were crapping in your diapers tyler, and back when usayit was living in his mom's basement and popping zits in the mirror. Yes, Hogan is a Nikon expert. He has written quite a few books on Nikon flash operation, and Nikon camera operation. He was a Minolta user at one time, but he saw the light some years ago. He was recently invited to directly address the executives of Nikon, Japan, in Japan, in a personal presentation about his ideas on modern cameras and the re-invention of the camera, and how it might be better integrated into the new world of shoot--import--caption--catalogue--upload-archive. Yeah....Thom Hogan...we have a New Jersey Leicaphile who follows me around this site trying to discredit almost anything I write, (that would be usayit), AND we have a hard-core pot-smoking stoner in o hey tyler....BOTH 'men" trying to discredit Thom Hogan's opinions on the camera industry. How rich!!!

Pretty comical....a guy who takes cheap shots at me in his signature file, usayit, and a stoner who posts photos of bongs and big buds of marijuana, both trying to act as if THEY have any insight into the camera business!!! And trying to tear down a published author, AND a man that Nikon Japan brought in to address the executives of Nikon Corporation about camera design and the imaging business....so...who do we believe?? My little New Joisey nemesis, or our little pot-smoker??? Or the man, Thom Hogan, who presented HIS IDEAS on the CAMERA BUSINESS to the executives of Nikon Japan? Pretty obvious, it's not usayit or o hey light up a bong hit...

Wow, you're really nursing that neutron star, D. Have you read any Larry Niven? He writes a lot about science fiction and some about neutron stars. I feel like it strongly applies to what's happening with your undies...

Maybe you could learn a thing or two from good ol' Niven's books. Maybe there's a hidden coping mechanism to counteract the pain of your balls being crushed into a flat surface the thickness of a quark? Just trying to help here...

an clever or even misleading advertising, like using a Rebel from the stadium stands and capturing an NFL running back's touchdown scoring action sequence, using a piece of **** Canon consumer zoom lens--that's an actual Canon TV commercial!!!

Sooo.... How is that different than Asshat Kutcher running around with an entry level Nikon dslr or p&s and getting pro quality photos?

I saw something that it's because manufactures are developing dedicated videocameras with full frame sensors and detachable lenses, but even the Sony preview I saw was north of $5,500 for just the body. That's still a lot of money.

I remember seeing this on KR's site, the Sony NEX-VG10 HD camcorder with interchangeable lenses (runs around $2100, much more reasonable than 5gs):
Sony NEX-VG10 HD AVCHD Camcorder

Also, this thread has turned quite entertaining in the last 48 hours...

Yes entertaining it is! Not naming names! buts it's funny to see that a couple of the guys here, clearly are the type of ppl who instead of actually contributing any form of information to people, just like to wind people up and provide clever one liner's to put ppl in their place. In reality they come across as ppl with too much time on their hands instead of entertainers!

I saw something that it's because manufactures are developing dedicated videocameras with full frame sensors and detachable lenses, but even the Sony preview I saw was north of $5,500 for just the body. That's still a lot of money.

I remember seeing this on KR's site, the Sony NEX-VG10 HD camcorder with interchangeable lenses (runs around $2100, much more reasonable than 5gs):
Sony NEX-VG10 HD AVCHD Camcorder

Also, this thread has turned quite entertaining in the last 48 hours...

And unfortunately still limited in features.

+1 for Sony A55 1080i video with fast auto focus while in video mode.

Most reactions

Back