When you feel you had a bad photo day....what do YOU do?

photocat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinewidemire.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had an engagement shoot this morning that I took almost 400 images and am down to about 75 now b/c so many weren't focused accurately. BAD me!!! BUT I've had hands on my camera lately and I'm wondering if my settings were changed and I didn't catch on before today. ??? TBD. Anyways, I have a ton of amazing shots but I am so disappointed in myself on the rest that had to be trashed.

What do you guys do to pump yourself up on a bad photo day? I try to shake it off, go out for some personal shooting and keep going - but it's not always that easy. I take every shot very personally. I beat myself up when I know better....when I should have triple checked settings/lighting/exposure/etc..... grrrrrrr

I need a hug. Cat.:hugs:

Last edited:
I just get over it and keep shooting. Nobody's perfect.

Few weeks ago I was shooting in an indoor skate park. Shot 350 images, was only happy with 1.

straight and to the point. thank you! ;)

that's how I usually think... I guess I'm just having a moment. Thanks for your reply - Cat

I have more problems with focusing than I care to admit. I could swear I had the focus dead on for so many shots on my 85mm f/1.8, but then when I preview them, I notice it is slightly out of focus on the eyes. :grumpy: I don't know if its a defect of the lens, or if I am just not steady enough. Sometimes I am in low light, and shooting 800 ISO, 1.8, 1/80. Thats kinda tough to get good focus if you dont have a tripod or monopod.

Just keep in mind why you got into photography in the first place. If I let things like that get me down, I would have quit a long time ago. Its the good shooting days that keep me going.

Don't lost heart. Keep your passion alive. Listen to some soothing or inspiring music. Regroup and collect your thoughts. Review your good shots, and believe that you can do it again, and learn from your mistakes. Also, look at works of photographers you admire for further inspiration.

Oh, and if you have people that always have a negative thing to say about your hobby or profession, don't listen to them. Chances are, they will be downers about most things.

ha! I guess I will be ok b/c already got the music going and focusing on the good shots. What do they say.... if 3% of your shots are amazing - that's AMAZING. I hope the couple agree. I'll post a few when I get the guts. Cat.

Oh Kitty Cat... you know and I know how good you are. You know you are good. One bad morning... meh. Let me decide if it was a bad morning... show me the stuff. :)

Alcohol....lots of it. :lol:

DONT ENCOURAGE HER! ( hides ALL the Don Julio, well all the Tequila period)

CAT! Put DOWN that Margarita!

God wants you to drink beer.

toofpaste - love the disclaimer. nuff said - not going to even reply to YOU. ;)

tyjax...... (sigh.) I'll send YOU the link. (gets ready to sulk.) Cat.

:(

I'm e-depressed now.

I might commit e-suicide.

Here is a sharp and witty post to cut your broadband connection with.

(Man I am clever.)

:biglaugh:

nice....

lets see the pictures sweety...im sure theyre not that bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back