Where to buy framed mat prints?

bigdogdan2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whats a good website to buy inexpensive but decent framed mat prints?
I'm looking for a couple 12x18 picture for a wedding.

Whats a good website to buy inexpensive but decent framed mat prints?

You wanna buy frames with prints already in them?

I'm looking for a couple 12x18 picture for a wedding.

Or are you wanting frames with mats for prints you have?

12x18 is not the most common print size so you might have to have have custom mat work done.

I'm looking to buy frames with prints already in them.
The photographer that took pictures for my engagement photos took them in 12x18 (not sure why, should she be taking them in another size, I can request for the actual wedding)

I can get two 12x18 framed matted print from
snapfish for $130
mpix for $170

I wasn't sure if there was a better place to get them for better quality or cheaper price. Is mpix worth the price difference?

The photographer that took pictures for my engagement photos took them in 12x18 (not sure why, should she be taking them in another size, I can request for the actual wedding)

I can get two 12x18 framed matted print from
snapfish for $130
mpix for $170

I wasn't sure if there was a better place to get them for better quality or cheaper price. Is mpix worth the price difference?

So you want to have the new engagement photos printed, matted and framed all at once?
I'd get 18" x 24" frames. That gives you 3" mat on each side of the photo. I usually get frames at Michaels or AC Moore (you may not have those - I have no idea where you are) but I cut my own mats. I can find an 18" x 24" frame for < $50 and mat board runs about $7 for a full sheet (32" x 40").

If you have photos then why do you want to buy frames with photos already in them. It sounds like you really just want to buy frames with the mat already in in it.

Aspect ratio is a personal preference.

The most common frame sizes are 5×7, 8×10, 11×14, 16×20, 24×36 and the most common mat opening sizes are one size smaller then the frame. For example if your frame was 16x20 then the hole on the mat for the photo would be 11x14.

I am a silkscreen poster collector. I find that my local framer is very competitive cost wise. His work and materials are far superior than "box" stores or online. Your results may vary of course.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back