Which deal would go with please Look ASAP from ebay

rprimeau95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rlp-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I know I can get the XT body at KEH.com for 509.00 new without CF card, and 449.00 like new there also. and at B&H XT blk kit for 599.95 or XT blk kit at Rinbow tronics.com for 572.00

Here is what I found on Ebay tell me what you would do

5 items!!!
-Canon XT Body w/Box

-Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F2.8 XR Di LD Lens (needs to be sent into Tamron for repair) see below

-2Gb Compact Flash Card
-MiniTripod
-InfraRed Remote
Note: There is no fungus or mold in the lens. It has a dent on the focus ring making it egg shaped instead or a circle. So it is hard to turn it half way around. Manual focus works, but auto focus currently does not work. I have contacted Tamron to get a price quote on repairing this lens.

Now my question is if the lens has a dent on the focus ring can this in turn affect the camera's auto focus with future lens?
all the above for 500.00

Second deal below is 650.00 BIN and they live only 40 mins away from me. I emailed and made an offer but wanted to know if 650.00 was a good deal or not

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Up for auction is a USED Canon Digital Rebel XT (black) with kit including:
Canon lens EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (never used)
Camera Strap
Battery Charger
Battery Pack (i'm throwing in an extra one! so that's two batteries!)
Video Cable (never used)
CD-ROM Software (never opened)

the USB cable is missing.
all lens and body caps present.

i'm also including:
1GB Toshiba Compact Flash Card
set of 3 Merkury filters (UV, F-DL, PL)
0.5x wide angle (screw on) lens with macro
camera bag

i'm a professional photographer and used this camera as a secondary over the past 7mths. I've made many wonderful images with it! i'm only giving it up because i'm upgrading to a second Mark II!

S&H is FREE!!!
[/FONT]US Postal Service Priority Mail
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Please ask questions before bidding. i only ship to US and Canada, and you must pay immediately. i reserve the right to reject bids from users with poor feedback scores.

Ok hope to hear from some of you pro's ASAP

thanks
RAbecca
[/FONT]

The first one...make sure that you are going to get the warranty card for the lens. Otherwise, you'll have to pay for the repairs. The damage on that lens will not affect other lenses or the auto focus. Unless, they dropped it while it was on the camera? Then you could have an issue.

On the second one...don't let these extras fool you into paying more...they're not worth it:

camera bag

You can pick up a brand new 1GB card from places like newegg.com for less than $40.

I've tried the 'cheap' route...and regretted it every time. I'm not saying don't buy used off of ebay...just do everything you can to make sure you're getting a good product.

I would want to know how many shutter actuations each camera has had. I used my 350D for a little over a year, and had over 15,000 shots on it. It's already been in for repair once.

The first one...make sure that you are going to get the warranty card for the lens. Otherwise, you'll have to pay for the repairs. The damage on that lens will not affect other lenses or the auto focus. Unless, they dropped it while it was on the camera? Then you could have an issue.

On the second one...don't let these extras fool you into paying more...they're not worth it:

camera bag

You can pick up a brand new 1GB card from places like newegg.com for less than $40.

I've tried the 'cheap' route...and regretted it every time. I'm not saying don't buy used off of ebay...just do everything you can to make sure you're getting a good product.

I would want to know how many shutter actuations each camera has had. I used my 350D for a little over a year, and had over 15,000 shots on it. It's already been in for repair once.

Ahhh that is nice to know the shutter actuations make a big difference, I have seen many make note that it has been used a couple times some say 200 shots etc... wow then my camers should be shot LOL no repairs yet on my P&S camears thank God

Ok about accessories what accessories are worth getting on an ebay auction? and I have been watching about the warrenty cards like you said.

So the second deal if he used it as a second camera for 7 months and is a professional photographer it could have alot of use then.

So basically I want to find the body and a lens with the Manufacturer accessories right? CF cards are easy enough to get

thanks again you guys are helping me out alot with the stress of it all, I am on such a tight budget right now 650.00 and am really trying to get the camera, lens, memory so I can use it right away.

how does one check the shutter actuations? the lady said she wasn't sure that she would try to figure it out when she gets home anything I could tell her to do to check?

I found this via a Google search. It's for the 300D but may also work for the XT...

I found this via a Google search. It's for the 300D but may also work for the XT...

Thanks I sent her the link hope it works I just noticed she said that the USB cable is missing can I get one of these somewhere? are they cheap?

I had said I made her an offer she had 650.00 BIN I offered her 550.00 and told her I wanted to later get a better lens she then offered said or for "$600 I could throw in a Canon 50mm f1.8 lens for you too (i have an extra). It is definitely a must have prime lens. (i also just found a diffuser for the on-camera flash that i'm going to throw in for free.)"

She said the 50mm lens was only used for about a month by her assistant and she would check if the warranty card was in the box, the camera still has the warranty card. How does this work the warranty is still good with Canon right when you buy from another person? As far as they know it could have been a gift right?

So for now I shall wait to hear if she can figure out the shutter actuations now this is the camera you check not the lens right? If I am understanding correctly it is the camera. Oh what is considered a lot? What is considered good? thanks

she said that the USB cable is missing can I get one of these somewhere? are they cheap?
Yes, it's just a standard USB 2.0 cord with a mini plug...typical of any digital camera. I haven't used a USB cord on my camera for years. Buy yourself a USB card reader instead. That way you can take out the card rather than having to hook the camera to your computer.

I'm not sure how the warranty cards work.

I'm not sure how many actuations the shutter on the XT is rated for. Google is your friend. If it's under 10,000...I wouldn't be too worried.

Yes, it's just a standard USB 2.0 cord with a mini plug...typical of any digital camera. I haven't used a USB cord on my camera for years. Buy yourself a USB card reader instead. That way you can take out the card rather than having to hook the camera to your computer.

I'm not sure how the warranty cards work.

I'm not sure how many actuations the shutter on the XT is rated for. Google is your friend. If it's under 10,000...I wouldn't be too worried.

Well she is guesstamating from the pics she took from the weddings she said she used it for over the last 7 months about 7500, so sounds like it should be ok. She said she does have the warranty cards and the one for the 50mm lens so that is good. She has 100% feedback and 90 transactions on ebay so I think i am going to just do it and Pray that all works out and I don't get burned, but my feeling is she seems honest by her answers and she doesn't want to do a transaction out of ebay so she is going to lower her BIN form 650.00 to 600.00 and I am waiting by the computer for her reply so I can snag it and pray NO ONE ELSE happens to See it KWIM.

I am waiting by the computer for her reply so I can snag it and pray NO ONE ELSE happens to See it KWIM
Ha ha, that will be the hard part...but you might get lucky.

Until a few weeks ago, I had never bought anything on Ebay, worth more than $40. Then I saw a fantastic deal on a Canon 20D and 18-85 lens...and nobody was bidding on it. I watched and waited and when I put my bid in, with 30 seconds left, I was the only bidder. I didn't really want to spend $1000 right before X-mas...but I got a great deal on a great camera & lens...plus a few extra goodies.

Good Luck.

I won it I won it on
ebay.gif
ywoohoo.gif
bliss.gif
celebconf.gif

I am sitting on
cloud9.gif
and can chill now I was getting so stressed out trying to buy this camera trying to get what I could for the 600.00 I got for Christmas. When you have 5 kids my oldest is 20yrs old and youngest is 3 months LOL... trying to find xtra money to just blow on an expensive camera just isn't a priority KWIM. So I am just happy I finally get to step up to the Canon Rebel XT someday I dream to stepping up but first I must prove myself LOL then dear husband may not mind dishing out some extra money towards my passion. He is impressed with the pics I have captured with my p&s so I must learn how to use what I got. Ok here is what I won and how I won it.

Ok I saw the auction at about 3am this morning and saw she wanted the second deal listed above 350.00 start bid or 650.00 BIN and it still had 6 days on it and she was local about 40 mins away and that she has a photography business local as well. So I offer her 550.00 via paypal and explained I only have some much funds and that I found this great forum that helped me see that I was about to get Suckered in by those scum bags online. Without mentioning who they were to here she told me it wasn't by chance Best cameras.com. She too almost a year ago fell into their trap but quickly realized it was impossible the camera she wanted was listed 2,000.00 lower on their site. So she said she would accept my offer of 550.00 but we he had to do it through ebay for both our protection which I don't mind right then she said for 600.00 she would throw in a Canon 50mm f1.8 lens for you too cause she had an extra. She said it was definitely a must have prime lens. and that she found a diffuser for the on-camera flash she'd toss in she doesn't need.

After a few more questions about the warranty, and how used the cameras were I agreed, she changed the acution BIN to 600.00 and instant paypal payment. I go to the auction click the BIN you see the message like you said that it isn't actually yours till you pay I was like no nobody come along and snag my deal. I was rushing and clicked pay and quickly no instantly realized I didn't change my form of payment meaning I wanted to use my Visa not my checking account :banghead: so I panicked and clicked the stop button on my screen but payment went through anyway :x i'm thinking oh great my husband is going to kill me. So I email her saying could she please refuse payment and then resend me a invoice and I could then select Visa.

Well I saw her phone number and called her and we spoke on the phone well the stupid invoice wanted to withdrawl the money out of my checking so we cancelled that and I simply just sent her payment to her email for the said auction and that WORKED. I mean what a mess I made :lol: thank God she wasn't impatient and or rude with me. We continued to talk and she said she was also going to include that Teaching DVD for the Canon Rebel XT she bought it for her assistant her sister who never opened it so that was cool of her. She has a Mark II and wants to fund a second one thus why she said she was selling this one. I guess she bought this one in one of those new package deals on ebay last year for her assistant.

So all together I will be getting
Canon Rebel XT black body with kit including:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canon lens EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (never used)
[/FONT]Canon 50mm f1.8 lens (used only a month still has warranty card)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.5x wide angle (screw on) lens with macro[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Battery Charger
Battery Pack (two batteries)
Video Cable (never used)
CD-ROM Software (never opened)
lens and body caps present
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1GB Toshiba Compact Flash Card[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Set of 3 Merkury filters (UV, F-DL, PL)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Camera Strap[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Camera bag
Instructional DVD "Introdiction to Canon Rebel XT (sealed)
and Free Priority Shipping unless she lets my husband swing buy and pick it up.

I am pretty excited and think I got me pretty good starter deal and after talking with her on the phone I felt more assured she was on the up and up with everything. All for 600.00
[/FONT]

:wav:

Congrats, it does sound like you got a great deal.

Yes I did she is putting it in the mail in the morning I should have it by Friday Saturday at the latest Yippie!

Hey is 150.00ppd to much for these two lenses used? a lady on a forum I am always on is selling them for this much are they worth spending money on or no?

Sigma 100-300mm
Sigma 28-80mm

$150 for those two sigma lenses...doesn't sound like too much...but it's not the world's best deal either. Those aren't the best lenses...by a long shot.

I suggest that you just start with the two lenses that you just bought. The kit lens will give you a nice focal range, and the 50mm is a great little lens because it has a very large maximum aperture and is very sharp. After a while, you will have a better idea of what other lenses you might need/want.

If anything, I'd suggest you get a tripod and maybe an accessory flash.

Congratulation! I think you got a good deal.

About the lenses. Neither lens is a stellar model. Don't ask if it's too much...ask how much you will use them. I personally have no use for the 100-300mm. And 28mm on the XT isn't very wide. I say get used to your 50mm, then figure out how wide or long you need to go, depending on what you're shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back