What's new

Who Still Uses a Turntable?!

My dad has one (nothing fancy), and I've considered buying one. New releases are pretty much always available on vinyl around here.

"Music" just doesn't have the sway it did for me 10 years ago ... I don't know, I've become boring or something.
 
My dad has one (nothing fancy), and I've considered buying one. New releases are pretty much always available on vinyl around here.

"Music" just doesn't have the sway it did for me 10 years ago ... I don't know, I've become boring or something.

Oh I'm the exact opposite--I'd be lost without music.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think I'm just getting old or something, lol. Or having a mid-life crisis or whatever...

Music just isn't something I think about very often these days. 10 years ago, it was almost the only thing I cared about.
 
I only use my turntable maybe once a month. But its nice and it sets a mood better than an Iphone dock.
 
I still have an old Dual direct drive turntable ... I had a plan on digitizing my vinyl ... after about 30 albums I got tired.
I got rid of some of the stuff I had duplicated on CD, but I kept the great stuff.
Not sure what I want to do with them ... or the cassettes ... or my Sony DAT deck.
 
I have a feeling that once I get a turntable set up, I'll be using a lot. Lord, the hours I used to spend poring over liner notes while listening to new records! I used to sneak my brother's albums and copy the lyrics so I could memorize the words and sing along when he played them. I still vividly remember doing this for 2112 when I was 7 or 8 years old. That will probably be the first record I play (yes, I took it when he didn't want it anymore and I still have it!)
 
That McIntosh is sweet. Officially drooling.
 
...heres one for you older vinyl guys/gals....without giving it up,and without googling it,who knows where the hidden message is in The Wall?

No idea


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
...heres one for you older vinyl guys/gals....without giving it up,and without googling it,who knows where the hidden message is in The Wall?

I used to know and have completely forgotten. My sister had the album and I used to play it a LOT.
 
The wife still has a her old turntable but it's back home at her mom's place. I still have my records but their boxed up in storage. I've been thinking about picking one up, maybe get into collecting vinyl again.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom