What's new

Who Still Uses a Turntable?!

I've been on the hunt for a Pink Floyd album. Haven't got one yet.

You're all making me jealous with your sexy turntables. Mine would be embarrassing.
 
Very nice!

On a side note, my wife and I have been shopping for a turntable for wuite a while now. I had no idea it was so hard to find a good one.
 
I've been on the hunt for a Pink Floyd album. Haven't got one yet.

You're all making me jealous with your sexy turntables. Mine would be embarrassing.

Sexy turntables make sexy music sound even more sexy... Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
How much of it is the turntable and how much is the receiver and speakers?
 
How much of it is the turntable and how much is the receiver and speakers?

Most of it is in the reciever (pre-amp, power amp) and speakers. Just depends on the stylus, the cartridge, the tone arm, etc. So so many little factors that can add up quick.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I use a Yamaha R-70 receiver (1983) with a pair of Yamaha speaker of the same age.

New doesn't mean better. The older tube amps and such can be amazing.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
How much of it is the turntable and how much is the receiver and speakers?

If it doesn't start out right at the source it won't matter what kind of power or speakers you have. But I do love my speakers, perfect for some Steely Dan :thumbup:

$DSC_4899.webp
 
Here's mine :blushing:
 

Attachments

  • $image-4184731665.webp
    $image-4184731665.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 218
  • $image-2914240873.webp
    $image-2914240873.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 128
They are beautiful, too bad they cost more than a small car lol

The other day I was in an audiophile store and the owner was telling me about the $32,000 pair of eight foot speaker cables he sold. HA! Stuff like that makes me feel broker than broke.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I *did* have one...until my youngest son absconded with it AND all my best vinyl. I couldn't really complain though; I didn't use it much anymore and was so thrilled that he had the good sense to love The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd and others that I didn't have the heart to not let him have it all.

Technically, I *do* still have a turntable--but it's one of those great big console things, where the turntable is inside. It needs a new belt and probably a new needle. My intent was always to gut the console and put a better pair of speakers, etc in there. But now, my TV sits on top of the console, so I can't even open it.

i'll give you hint.....perform the math equation on the chalkboard inside the album cover....

Well, I thought I knew until you gave the hint. I always heard it was in the song, Empty Spaces. But I never tried to find it myself.
 
I *did* have one...until my youngest son absconded with it AND all my best vinyl. I couldn't really complain though; I didn't use it much anymore and was so thrilled that he had the good sense to love The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd and others that I didn't have the heart to not let him have it all.

Technically, I *do* still have a turntable--but it's one of those great big console things, where the turntable is inside. It needs a new belt and probably a new needle. My intent was always to gut the console and put a better pair of speakers, etc in there. But now, my TV sits on top of the console, so I can't even open it.

i'll give you hint.....perform the math equation on the chalkboard inside the album cover....

Well, I thought I knew until you gave the hint. I always heard it was in the song, Empty Spaces. But I never tried to find it myself.

It took a lot of convincing of my dad for me to have his turntable at school.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom