Who Still Uses a Turntable?!

Had bought this around 2 years ago. It's the Pro-jekt debut carbon.

Don't mind the pictures, I wasn't into photography back then :)

utype4ub.jpg
e8urasa6.jpg
ruvyquba.jpg

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still use a (don't laugh) Sanyo from the early seventies. The only problem is the strobe light intermitts. My friends' brother DJ'ed back then and he told me he didn't know how Sanyo screwed up, but they actually made a good product. He bought one for his girlfriend and said it was worth it (he used Thorens). That's the last of my original equipment since my Cerwin Vega speakers' foam dry rotted a couple of years ago.

Putting new foams in speakers isn't hard or expensive. If you are in upstate NY there is a large community of vintage audio lovers up there :thumbup:

I thought "uncompressed" was the title at first, not just a link to an uncompressed image.

Cause you know, hi-fi, etc.

SWEET,SASH!!!
....about 1:30 into empty spaces,the part that sounds like an airport terminal,just before he sings "how shall we fill these empty spaces"...
...and if you start "Dark Side of the Moon" at precisely the 3rd roar of the MGM lion in The Wizard of Oz,it makes for a, ummm....a different experience to the movie...

...and if you play Black Sabbath backwards,you'll see God........lol

I still use a (don't laugh) Sanyo from the early seventies. The only problem is the strobe light intermitts. My friends' brother DJ'ed back then and he told me he didn't know how Sanyo screwed up, but they actually made a good product. He bought one for his girlfriend and said it was worth it (he used Thorens). That's the last of my original equipment since my Cerwin Vega speakers' foam dry rotted a couple of years ago.

Putting new foams in speakers isn't hard or expensive. If you are in upstate NY there is a large community of vintage audio lovers up there :thumbup:

This.. My dad has a pair of 70s Celef speakers, a guy replaced the piezo, foam, and grills. £200 fully restored.

I thought "uncompressed" was the title at first, not just a link to an uncompressed image.

Cause you know, hi-fi, etc.

Funny enough, that actually is the title.

Best,
Jake

Thanks. Unfortunately, the Vegas' didn't survive the last round of "lets make room in the attic". They were replaced with Harman Kardon surround speakers which sound great. The CV's needed to be cranked up to sound at their best and they were big. I just don't play that loud anymore.

Thanks. Unfortunately, the Vegas' didn't survive the last round of "lets make room in the attic". They were replaced with Harman Kardon surround speakers which sound great. The CV's needed to be cranked up to sound at their best and they were big. I just don't play that loud anymore.

Why not play loud? Haha.

Jake

I used to have a Linn Sondek LP12 with the external power supply, super nice piece of kit. Unfortunately I seem to have lost the photos I had of that.

Why not play loud? Haha.

Jake

Actually, I might still be playing just as loud, but after 40 years of concerts, blaring stereo, and Les Pauls or Strats thru 100 watt tube amps in a 10X10 room, it just seems lower.:D

Why not play loud? Haha.

Jake

Actually, I might still be playing just as loud, but after 40 years of concerts, blaring stereo, and Les Pauls or Strats thru 100 watt tube amps in a 10X10 room, it just seems lower.:D

Ahhhh that makes sense.

Most reactions

Back