Will I have an Adobe related problem

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been using a legit version of PS + LR CC since early 2014. Adobe made a hash of my account why meant I couldn't get upgrades, anywho I got my money back and all was square except the CC kept running just fine so I was getting it for free.

Now the jig is up and I am forced to renew to continue. Will I be able to transfer all my catalogs and such to without a hick up or is likely that I ll have to do a complete reinstall, I haven't asked Adobe yet

Ive been using a legit version of PS + LR CC since early 2014. Adobe made a hash of my account why meant I couldn't get upgrades, anywho I got my money back and all was square except the CC kept running just fine so I was getting it for free.

Now the jig is up and I am forced to renew to continue. Will I be able to transfer all my catalogs and such to without a hick up or is likely that I ll have to do a complete reinstall, I haven't asked Adobe yet

This sounds like a job for....

Somebody who works for Adobe!

Ya, sorry man, not a clue.

This sounds like a job for....

Somebody who works for Adobe!

Ya, sorry man, not a clue.

Funny I thought you used work for the phoenix foundation as a fixer, I could have swore I saw you on CBS action the other night with a serious mullet.

No that was this guy..:icon_scratch:
0808281240172.jpg

i dont think it would be a problem.
your previous version, even thought they let you keep the subscription running even after the refund, is still a legit adobe version.
i dont imagine it would be much different than cancelling your subscription, leaving everything alone for months, and then resubscribing again.
i dont work for adobe though, so a call to their tech team might provide a more definitive answer.

Should be no problem. I just deleted LR (plugin issue) and Adobe CC just downloaded a new one and installed. Catalog, previews etc are in separate folders( or should be)

Will I be able to transfer all my catalogs and such to without a hick up or is likely that I ll have to do a complete reinstall

Lightroom catalogs are COMPLETELY separate from your Adobe Account.

All you need to do is sign into the Adobe Utility with a valid account.

yep. it is a huge myth that adobe has control over our files. aside from CC assets [purchased or obtained (i.e. stock or typekit) your files are yours.

In fact, I recently changed from a yearly payment to a monthly, in order to do that they had me unsubscribe and resubscribe. It's a new account as the additional cloud storage I had received per an arrangement made through Adobe was no longer, my cloud storage was empty available and my typekit was missing.

I have not checked Lightroom, I don't use it much, but otherwise all my files that I had local were still totally functional.

Most reactions

Back