What's new

Yes I Shot the Hydro Towers AGAIN :P

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm hopeless ;)
Not sure what to say about these, one of my favourite subjects to shoot but not everyone's cup of tea ;)
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!















 
You wacky Canadians and your colloquialisms!

The first shot of the POWER lines is the best. ;) I would say either the color is slightly off or the contrast is a little soft.
 
Before I looked at the second image I thought how much better it might look without the distracting ground..Nice! I might try blowing out the sky to have a near perfect B&W scene ;)
 
#1 Oh no.. it is the attack of the Alien Towers of Phobos... run for your lives.... ! lol! Reminds me of some old 50's science fiction movies...
 
You wacky Canadians and your colloquialisms!

The first shot of the POWER lines is the best. ;) I would say either the color is slightly off or the contrast is a little soft.
Haha, yanno I debate with myself every time I post these shots.... do I call them hydro towers or power lines or pylons or or or.... and I always give in to myself and hydro it is! ;)
Perhaps the colours are a little muted on the first one, I'll see if a little tweak works.
Before I looked at the second image I thought how much better it might look without the distracting ground..Nice! I might try blowing out the sky to have a near perfect B&W scene ;)
Thanks Trever, I will try that and see what I get :)
#1 Oh no.. it is the attack of the Alien Towers of Phobos... run for your lives.... ! lol! Reminds me of some old 50's science fiction movies...
Haha I got the same vibe! These always have a "marching" feeling to me.
 
I like the first! I'm on another forum and there is a member who's husband builds these towers. She takes photos of them using helicopters and such. Amazing really!
 
Thanks Paige, very cool! Our Grandfather was a Linesman and boy does he have stories. It is quite a thing to watch when they erect these. Last year they were stringing the lines and we kept hearing explosions, couldn't figure it out. Apparently they use a charge to join the lines. I sooo wish I could have gotten shots of them doing that!
 
Fawk. I just posted a thread regarding H&V lines and how to choose. After seeing these images, I am overwhelmed... and getting the hell out of here. Nice shot.
 
I like seeing the snow to give it reference.
I like seeing the snow to give it reference.

I agree; it's like an army marching over the snowy hills.
Thanks Ron and Fanboy :)
Fawk. I just posted a thread regarding H&V lines and how to choose. After seeing these images, I am overwhelmed... and getting the hell out of here. Nice shot.

Haha sorry about that SimO lots of lines can certainly lead to headaches trying to get the good composition ;) I find it's more important to line it up with wiggle room in camera instead of trying to resolve it by cropping.
 
I hate power lines or hydro towers (all the same to me), but oddly enough I like your pictures, I prefer number 2, it has that abstract look that makes me forget it is a power line and see more of the geometric figures.

Nice shots!
 
PixelRabbit, nice shots. where in ON. did you find so many towers that appear to be all jumbled together. All I ever manage to find are those that are all in a row.

WesternGuy
 
I hate power lines or hydro towers (all the same to me), but oddly enough I like your pictures, I prefer number 2, it has that abstract look that makes me forget it is a power line and see more of the geometric figures.

Nice shots!
Perfect! Thanks so much MiFLeur :)
PixelRabbit, nice shots. where in ON. did you find so many towers that appear to be all jumbled together. All I ever manage to find are those that are all in a row.

WesternGuy

Thanks WesternGuy, these are all coming out of the Bruce Nuclear site. They just finished refurbishing two reactors and have them online, new towers were put in to carry the additional power, there were already two lines, I think it is quite the sight. There are so many locations I have yet to visit and shoot!
 
Last edited:
Totaly f**kin awesome, now I said it. But just wanted to give a sence of my emotion when i saw these, and no I'm not stone'd













stoned
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom