What's new

Yes I Shot the Hydro Towers AGAIN :P

Now THAT is an awesome reaction!

I shall bask in it's awesomeness
crazy-rabbit-msn-emotions-slow-danc.gif


Thank you :)
 
I wonder if there is a compromise where you can retain some of the color but also lose the sky...not sure if this isn't too "graphic," but.....

$hydro hi-key2.webp
 
Hey Ceeboy, thanks!
I've pondered the edit and I love the concept but I don't think I love it on this particular image. To me a big part of the charm is the landscape and the gentle light that is caught there, I think it adds interest when I look around. Unfortunately with the harsher contrasts the landscape feels like it loses it's place in the picture and becomes almost unnecessary?
Thanks for the edit! It has me thinking of ways to get dark and graphic with these. You would be hard pressed to make something "too graphic" to a point that I don't like it, like I said, I do like the concept just perhaps on a different version.
 
Go to that exact spot around dusk or dawn. Get some golden glow on the highlights of the HYDRO towers and you'll have a banger of a photo.
 
Really like them and like someone said, never seen so many in a group. One or two lines is all we see here, but I shoot them quite a bit.
 
Go to that exact spot around dusk or dawn. Get some golden glow on the highlights of the HYDRO towers and you'll have a banger of a photo.
Oooo nice idea! I like the idea of having the towers in a different colour light, thanks for the suggestion!
Really like them and like someone said, never seen so many in a group. One or two lines is all we see here, but I shoot them quite a bit.
Thanks :) There is actually only two rows shown in the shot, the closest tower on the right is the only one showing from the third row. The angle is what makes it a "mess" of them ;)
 
I like that first shot....... but these make me want to go climb them, which I have done in training for rope rescue.
 
I went through a phase of shooting these things for a while, and other related stuff like power stations. I used to work at a geothermal power plant, I got a lot of great pictures from there. Back in New Zealand we called them 'hydro towers' pylons. Canadians are an odd bunch :P
 
I like that first shot....... but these make me want to go climb them, which I have done in training for rope rescue.
Thanks Tony, if I see someone climbing them I'll be sure to stop and say hi to you! ;)
I went through a phase of shooting these things for a while, and other related stuff like power stations. I used to work at a geothermal power plant, I got a lot of great pictures from there. Back in New Zealand we called them 'hydro towers' pylons. Canadians are an odd bunch :P
Very neat Fokker! do you by chance have the shots online? ....
 
I like that first shot....... but these make me want to go climb them, which I have done in training for rope rescue.
Thanks Tony, if I see someone climbing them I'll be sure to stop and say hi to you! ;)
I went through a phase of shooting these things for a while, and other related stuff like power stations. I used to work at a geothermal power plant, I got a lot of great pictures from there. Back in New Zealand we called them 'hydro towers' pylons. Canadians are an odd bunch :P
Very neat Fokker! do you by chance have the shots online? ....

I actually just uploaded them and was going to start a thread with them, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Will post them tonight.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom