You Gotta Try This!

kinda crappy? Elements? No it's not. Everything I've read says it has about 90% of what photoshop has, minus all the graphic stuff. And things that it doesn't come with (like layers mask), etc, you can just download the plug in for it. It cost $100. The latest edition of Photoshop costs $700. Good enough for me!

oh lol I really didnt mean to diss PSE. well I guess if it works for you why paying a lot more for full version of PS. I kinda thought that you could obtain those software for free but then again not everyone is a "criminal" like me :D

kinda crappy? Elements? No it's not. Everything I've read says it has about 90% of what photoshop has, minus all the graphic stuff. And things that it doesn't come with (like layers mask), etc, you can just download the plug in for it. It cost $100. The latest edition of Photoshop costs $700. Good enough for me!

I hear yea, some people here do not have $700 for a single program, well i think i am going to buy elements now so i can try this out :D

oh thank you! I missed that link about. The method is much better than the lasso cut and paste because it is non-destructive and looks much more natural.
The only thing that does not work with the layers mask in PSE6 is when he says to alt+layers mask to add a new, already filled with black mask. It still comes out white but oh well, just go fill it with black.
Thanks so much for sharing this method. My kids are loving it. So far we've done the oldest as his own band (singer, drummer, both guitarists, all with different clothes on), the youngest dressed up like an army man and did a whole battle scene in the yard and we also posed the cat all around the room.
Too fun!

No problem! You gotta post those up! they sound interesting!

I made this one a few years ago...
951-Cleaning-web.jpg

wow, I must be slow today. After about 20 minutes of looking at the pictures, I realized that they were the same person in all the pictures.:lol:

I will definately be giving this a try.

here is a super old one I did (no me in the photo)

527382079_l.jpg

I found a great Youtube video that show you how to use Layer Masking in Photshop:

[ame]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8TgyTruV8&feature=related[/ame]

I tried it out and it works great.

Kennedy%20Multiple.jpg

I did this one of us at my daughters wedding.:lol::lol: I told Chiller not to wear those dang white socks.
IMG_0747xx.jpg

oh dang i didnt even know this thread existed hahah

Thank ya Chantal for the mention =P

lol it looks like a photo of a rock band created in the 70s :D

First time using PS anything... This is fun, I think I will try with the kids and wife later... Def gotta make adjustments to lighting and the camera settings... But this was my test run.. More to come...

LayeredtestshotsMultishwell.jpg

That's some good stuff, folks!! I'm glad Ajay posted a link on how to do it :) -- I'll have to give it a try. I like 'em all but think the one with chiller added a nice touch showing the back(s) of him out the window (mirror?).

Most reactions

Back