Your Gravestone...

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had this conversation with a friend of mine, today... We had such a laugh trying to think of cool stuff we'd like to see written on our gravestones...
SO, what would YOU like to be written on yours? Could be a joke, a pun, a poem you love, whatever you want. doesn't have to be funny...
I know it's kinda creepy, but hey, you better think of it right now if don't want to end up stuck for eternity with some crap your friends and family will make up and that you won't even like :D

(No worries, i'm not planning to die soon and i love life :mrgreen: )

Come on! I know you're already full of ideas!

It's a classic, but I have always got a good laugh of the one that said, "See, I told you I was sick!". A family member of mine has a saying in which she says all the time, "Remeber to look behind yourself!" *as to not forget anything* So am tempted on suggesting that "Look behind you" be put on :lol:. Kidding of course.

All sincerety, I could care less what the block of stone above my decaying body says. As long as it doesn't say, "Dig here".

Haha Brittany, you crack me up tonight! You gotta do the dishes at church more often!

And in all seriousness, I want on my gravestone something to the effect of "Loyal sun, caring brother, devoted father, loving husband, faithful Christian, good friend." That's the kind of legacy I want to leave behind me.

so doenoe, you still didnt say what you ganna write on yours!

Just figured out that i didn't neither... well, as i am still horny because of Jon (you know how to drive me wild, boy ...sorry. just teasing.), I'll go with something like "I've been laying below you for years and you only bought me flowers!?"
:lol:

During lunch at my old job, I sometimes took a walk at the cemetary beside my office. One day, I saw a headstone that said, "I'd rather be skiing" on it. I thought it was hillarious because I've always heard of people saying they're going to do that, but only seen that one.

On that note, I'd like to say that I would put something like, "Lets go somewhere else...it's too dead around here..."

i have made it perfectly plain to family that i want in the top right corner, a small bird upside down....

( i flipped people off so much alive, might as well do it dead...flip the bird..get it?)

anyway, there is a cemetary down south of me that has a huge poem, that pretty much scared the crap outta us when we were teens....i need to go back, snap a pic and see if it bothers ya'll....

i like hobbes and hertz....those are great..

I took a picture of a cool headstone (not sure if you can call it that) when I was staying in a small village the other month. It was shaped like an anchor and it had names around the bottom. I couldn't see them all because stuff which was rather solid was growing there. The only name I had time to see was of a woman. At first I thought it was for people lost at sea during the war. The church has a small monument outside for the war.

I've only got a print of it. It was taken with film. No scanner either so if I were to post it I'd have to take a picture with my digital.

Not sure what I want on mine. For a while I didn't want one. I'd want something funny, but I doubt I'd be allowed. Something like "there's gold down here, I dare you to start digging".

I've always thought the whole funeral process was wrong. Just WRONG. My family knows that when I assume room temperature, they are not to lay me up in the funeral home for three days for everybody and their second cousin to roll by, gawking at me. First off, no one will be able to get my hair to do right. Second, makeup won't look the same with my eyes closed. Third, if they didn't gawk at me while I was alive, why would I want them to in death? Therefore, I will be poked in the ground, in the water damaged casket that was on sale, dressed in sweatshirt and jeans (WITH socks and shoes), on my side, body pillow and all, as soon as the undertaker tells the fam I'm ready. People will be wearing jeans and tennis shoes at the graveside service, comfy and free. No preaching, no squalling ... if they wish to say something, rock on .. .but toss in a handfull of dirt and be done. Go back to the house, eat and party. I feel very strongly that I know where I'll be ... don't cry for me.

As for the headstone, I want one that is solar powered and glows at night. It will have cut outs on it for candles that Raven will light. I plan to have a pipe sticking up from the vault that she can pour sweet tea down on occasion.

At the bottom ... almost covered in dirt and grass will be ....

"Made ya look!"

:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back