manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or approximately 3.3 posts per day.

This is my 9,000th post. I feel sort of like Bilbo. Where is that ring?

I've been here a long time.

This place has changed a lot in that time. Some of it bad, some of it good. The recent crop of moderators has breathed a lot of life, fairness and quality into this place. TPF should be applauded for takng this action and the mods themselves should be applauded regularly for their efforts. :hail:

A few thousand posts ago I got so mad at this place I broke off and formed my own forum. It worked for a while, but there's something to be said for a forum that has so much self-sustaining momentum that it drives on by itself. It's sill there, but it's mostly dead. Ah well. TPF wins. I'm sure more than a few folks get a chuckle out of that. Let them. It's cool.

I've met a lot of great people here, had a lot of good laughs. I've made some relationships with people who I now genuinely consider to be my friends. Many of which I've never met face to face, which is weird. A few of which I HAVE met face to face, which is even weirder.

I've learned how to articulate my thoughts more effectively, and it has actually helped my writing quite a bit, which is interesting.

I've learned how to argue points more clearly. I've even learned how not to get totally pissed off all the time. Well... mostly. We all have our days.

Most of all, I've learned an enormous amount about photography, and a little bit about myself. These days I can't say that I learn nearly as much from this place as I once did... I get a tidbit here or there, and am inspired occasionally by one or two of the people who inexplicibly hang around here despite being so ridiculously good they make me ill... but by and large, I'd feel like there was a giant hole in my life if I didn't have this stupid forum to visit at least once a day.

All in all, it's good to be here, and thank you to all of you for putting up with my crap for all this time.

Let's see if I make 10k. :)

EDIT: Oh and I even got me a special tagline and Terri bizarrely still hasn't banned me yet. Even more bizarrely those two things are somehow connected. :lol:

EDIT2: I've learned that I am a sleazy attention-whore who posts periodically just to celebrate himself and the fact that he posts.

Last edited:
Attention whore!

Attention_Whore_badge.gif

Last edited:
Bitter: See EDIT2 above. :D

"Rabbit is wise" - ha, after all of those posts, you had better be.

Hey, if other people make a post about the big 1000 (myself included, but boo-hoo for me no-one cared), why not be an attention whore for the big 9000?

Meh. 9000 posts, special title, flouncing off in a huff and crawling back to find an online home...

Attention whore, indeed. :razz:

Seeing as how I *think* I was part of what pi$$ed you off so much back at the time, I'm very happy you returned, and it's this saccharine love-fest instead. :mrgreen:

I'm trying to decidewhether to even comment on my 10-year anniversary here, when it happens later this year, or let it ride. Whatcha think? :popcorn:

Terri, you should let it pass and see if anyone notices. Real friends would notice.

BTW, your post to like ratio sucks.

Or approximately 3.3 posts per day.

This is my 9,000th post. I feel sort of like Bilbo. Where is that ring?

I've been here a long time.

This place has changed a lot in that time. Some of it bad, some of it good. The recent crop of moderators has breathed a lot of life, fairness and quality into this place. TPF should be applauded for takng this action and the mods themselves should be applauded regularly for their efforts. :hail:

A few thousand posts ago I got so mad at this place I broke off and formed my own forum. It worked for a while, but there's something to be said for a forum that has so much self-sustaining momentum that it drives on by itself. It's sill there, but it's mostly dead. Ah well. TPF wins. I'm sure more than a few folks get a chuckle out of that. Let them. It's cool.

I've met a lot of great people here, had a lot of good laughs. I've made some relationships with people who I now genuinely consider to be my friends. Many of which I've never met face to face, which is weird. A few of which I HAVE met face to face, which is even weirder.

I've learned how to articulate my thoughts more effectively, and it has actually helped my writing quite a bit, which is interesting.

I've learned how to argue points more clearly. I've even learned how not to get totally pissed off all the time. Well... mostly. We all have our days.

Most of all, I've learned an enormous amount about photography, and a little bit about myself. These days I can't say that I learn nearly as much from this place as I once did... I get a tidbit here or there, and am inspired occasionally by one or two of the people who inexplicibly hang around here despite being so ridiculously good they make me ill... but by and large, I'd feel like there was a giant hole in my life if I didn't have this stupid forum to visit at least once a day.

All in all, it's good to be here, and thank you to all of you for putting up with my crap for all this time.

Let's see if I make 10k. :)

EDIT: Oh and I even got me a special tagline and Terri bizarrely still hasn't banned me yet. Even more bizarrely those two things are somehow connected. :lol:

EDIT2: I've learned that I am a sleazy attention-whore who posts periodically just to celebrate himself and the fact that he posts.

1NQI49M.gif

Bitter Jeweler said:
Manny: See edit above. :lol:

-chuckle- I need to print that and wear it!

BlackSheep said:
"Rabbit is wise" - ha, after all of those posts, you had better be.

Hey, if other people make a post about the big 1000 (myself included, but boo-hoo for me no-one cared), why not be an attention whore for the big 9000?

Haha... Right! I was tempted to ignore it and wait for 10k as it seemed a better number but I'm frankly not sure I'll make 10k and didn't want to miss my chance to whore out. :)

terri said:
Meh. 9000 posts, special title, flouncing off in a huff and crawling back to find an online home...

Attention whore, indeed. :razz:

Seeing as how I *think* I was part of what pi$$ed you off so much back at the time, I'm very happy you returned, and it's this saccharine love-fest instead. :mrgreen:

I'm trying to decidewhether to even comment on my 10-year anniversary here, when it happens later this year, or let it ride. Whatcha think? :popcorn:

Haha... You're asking the wrong guy I think, :).

You weren't the only soul I was raging against back then. No worries. :)

tirediron said:
Meh... amateur! :p

HAHAHA....

tevo said:
Weird pic

I have NO idea what that is. Lol

Terri, you should let it pass and see if anyone notices. Real friends would notice.

BTW, your post to like ratio sucks.

I wanted to like that comment, but in the end, it just made me decide to like Terri's post instead. :lmao:

Congrats, Manaheim! That's a lot of stick-to-it-iveness on your part! And TPF's too, for putting up with you. :lmao: Just kidding about that part.

When I first came on TPF, I remember seeing several different threads where various OPs were ascribing a myriad of less-than-delightful attributes to your character. :D And to be honest, a couple of the things you wrote (to be fair, probably mostly TO those people) seemed kinda rude and harsh--so I thought perhaps you were a bit of an arse. But when I finally got the nerve to start posting some pics, you were so helpful about a nighttime picture I was trying to take..so I decided you were pretty okay. :D
Plus, you had that rockin' avatar (you know, the one BEFORE you put the rabbit costume on...). :lol:

Seriously, I've always found your comments (both of them, LOL) to me to be either helpful or at least witty--so you're okay in my book!! Even though you DID hurt my feelings with that comment about how much more Emily and PixelRabbit have improved than the rest of us photo hacks of the female persuasion. :biglaugh:

I hope you make 10,000 and quite a few beyond that--TPF is better with you here!

Most reactions

Back