What's new

Am I over reacting

PhillyPhoton

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2010
Messages
154
Reaction score
2
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
-
 
Last edited:
Order it from B&H to spite them. Also, what's "ocerreating"?

If you do end up talking to Adorama again, express your extreme disappointment with their customer service.
 
To be honest, i don't take these things likely so i usually get real mad and end up going somewhere else. But in your case id complain, i think its upright rude and unprofessional what he did, i once ordered something off dell and made the guy stay half an hour after closing on the phone and he was happy to do it. He obviously doesn't like his job and wanted to just pick up his sh%@ and go home. So next time ask to speak to a manager and tell him/her what happened.

just my two cents.
 
To be honest, i don't take these things likely so i usually get real mad and end up going somewhere else. But in your case id complain, i think its upright rude and unprofessional what he did, i once ordered something off dell and made the guy stay half an hour after closing on the phone and he was happy to do it. He obviously doesn't like his job and wanted to just pick up his sh%@ and go home. So next time ask to speak to a manager and tell him/her what happened.

just my two cents.


yeah, I love adorama, all he had to do was ask me to call back in the morning? your right though, and I dont know his situation, If I did I might end up feelling bad for the guy
 
-
 
Last edited:
Over reacting really, I realize you really want the lens but it wouldn't have got to you any faster ordering at closing time opposed to the next day when they open. This is why I prefer internet orders rather than on the phone, no one to deal with you can take your time, be sure your order and address is correct much less hassle in my opinion. And it is shipped as soon as they open.
 
Well, next time you want to place an order for X, make sure you have X free on your card.

Stop wasting people's time.

I hate it when someone calls me 5 mins before closing and is a freakin problem client, not sure what they want or not sure how things go or not really ready to buy or causes me issues...

i make sure that when I call places, if its near closing, I have all my info ready and everything good to go.

I'd probably hang up on you as well
 
One sided stories are fun!

Huh? Is that sarcasm? because Im really not sure how a "story" told on the internet can be anything else but one sided?

Exactly! I want to hear what the alledged douchebag thinks of you and how the transaction went.

Rant all you want. You are only one piece of the puzzle.
 
[
 
Last edited:
popcorn.jpg
 
In a word... Yes. If I could add two more.... You Are.

Contact HelenOster. She is a member here and an Adorama Customer Service representative.
 
Am I overreacting?

I was extremely concerned to read your posting, and firstly would like to offer a sincere apology. If I had experienced service as you describe, I would also be angry and disappointed.

Could you please email me directly with the number you called from, and I will listen to the tape of the call and ensure that this matter is dealt with without delay.
Once again my apologies, and I look forward to hearing from you: HelenO@adorama.com
 
Last edited:
I don't remember the last time I had to call somebody to buy something simple on the Internet.
 
Years ago before the internet sites were as big as they are. When I bought my camera gear I did the Shutterbug advertisement shuffle. Looking for the best prices etc. You would have to call in your order. Of course there were several not so reputable retailers who do the bait and switch type thing. Would call them and they would start on the hard sale immediately. And if you kept saying no to their upsales and "professional" accessories, some would just hang up on you! That's when I learned to deal with just the larger reputable retailers. But even with them, there was a little bit of a rush. Most of the companies had a 1-800 line for ordering, and a normal line for questions and such. And if you started to ask too many questions they would ask you to contact the other number.

Not knocking anyone from NY. But they are not as laid back as some areas of the country. I don't think I ever had what I consider a nice phone order with any NY based retailer. But I realize they are in business to sell, and the more time they wasted, the less they could sell in a shift. So, I never held it against them. Just the way it is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom