What's new

Am I over reacting

When the OP said they hung up on him that was a red flag for me. I worked at a call center in high school (worst job ever!) We were NOT allowed to hang up on customers unless they were being very rude and swearing. Even then, you had to call over the floor supervisor to listen in and they would take over the call. They had people that would listen in on calls and if you got caught hanging up you would be sent home for a week.
 
For those who don't know, I'm not an Adorama employee; I'm an Independent Consultant retained by Adorama. I've listened to the tape of the call, twice.

The OP called at 7:28 pm - Adorama closes at 7:30pm, nevertheless the call lasted 8 minutes and 1 second!

IMO the salesman was actually very patient, repeating back the order several times. The disconnect was without a shadow of a doubt not at the Adorama end. Therefore I can only assume that there was some kind of fault on the line.



As the late great Paul Harvey would say,,,,,,,,, And now you know the rest of the story.:D
 
Last edited:
popcorn.jpg

Hey, Christopher--nice popcorn shot!!!!!!!! Me likes!
 
Another point to consider, many businesses are cutting overtime. Even though it wasn't the case, the CS rep could have hit a hard stop and had to drop off the call.

And outside of that, I'd rather place my order online anyway where I can see all the worthless junk I'm buying, far more satisfying.
 
Another point to consider, many businesses are cutting overtime. Even though it wasn't the case, the CS rep could have hit a hard stop and had to drop off the call.

I can't think of a single business that would tell their call center employees, "Once your shift is over, hang up on whatever customer you're talking to." That would be ludicrous.
 
I can't think of a single business that would tell their call center employees, "Once your shift is over, hang up on whatever customer you're talking to." That would be ludicrous.

I have team members who have been told they won't be paid for extra time, so when the clock rolls over they are out the door. And rightly so.
 
I've had a card problem with adorama before.

About a year ago I placed a pretty big order (for me anyway) that I was extremely anxious about getting. It's hard not be excited about your first tripod and 24-70L among other goodies, right? So I placed the order online in the afternoon. I check my email the next morning expecting to see a ship confirmation and it's not there. I decide it may be too early and wait until my lunch break to check again. Still not there. I call customer service. She says the card declined. I tell her I'll call back after I checked my balance. I check and there's more than enough money for the transaction. I call back and she tries it again. Declined. I'm thinking my card has some sort of daily spending limit that is causing the problem and ask if that makes sense. She says it does and that she will continue to save my order.

I call the bank and get a big run around with the robot. I call my local branch and they, while empathetic aren't able to actually do anything other than give me the same 800 number to the robot I just lost an argument with. I'm at a loss. Frustrated, I finally have an epiphany. I call her back and ask if it's possible that she run the card in $900 increments. She does so and it works. Crisis averted!

So this woman had to deal with me through three separate phone calls totaling well over thirty minutes altogether. Not that I was that hard to deal with. I was frustrated, but not with her or her company so I behaved accordingly, never getting angry and apologized for all the time wasted. Over the course of all that time dealing with something that was not their fault in the least you know how she treated me? Nothing less than perfectly. She was polite, helpful, sympathetic and a real pleasure to deal with. If it hadn't been for her accent I would have thought I was dealing with someone raised on southern hospitality. If I were still in the retail business I would hire her on the spot.

On other orders with them that I've made online, I've called to check on an order or whatnot and have always been treated well. I'm sure other shops like B&H are fine to deal with but unless there are some drastic changes my money isn't going anywhere except Adorama.
 
B&H Photo Video has an online advocate Henry Posner that does pretty much the same kind of thing Helen does.

Yeah, but from what I've seen, Henry can be a prick at times. More interested in hearing himself talk rather than finding a satifactory resloution.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom