Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posting some of my best bird portraits, I must say it took some guts to post these shots after the quality bird shots recently posted by Danny and Kristofer.
C&C welcome as always. Also please help me ID the bird #1 & #6. I've no idea what #1 is, and #2 I thought was a black kite, but it doesn't have grey feather on the head.

#1 We aren't on talking terms!
Nutmeg Mannikin or Scaly breasted Munia (thanks to Jacaranda and Danny)

9719446377_0526939dfc_c.jpg

#2 The national bird of India

8673532169_fa1edc0d3c_c.jpg

#3 Gull in flight portrait

13418490114_a251fefe5a_c.jpg

#4 Blue eyes of an Elegant Swan

8580436944_a8303ecc35_c.jpg

#5 Black-Crowned Night Heron

8739468513_27c2560cac_c.jpg

#6 Some kite

12885040334_06b1abe6e4_c.jpg

#7 Asian Black Kite

12032194835_e41b26c88f_c.jpg

Last edited:
Raj, never worry about what others are posting, never. Nothing wrong with your shots and some really unique subjects you have. We are all just mere clickers, nature is the master.

#1, try a Scaly breasted Munia. Those are just gorgeous in the markings and colours, love the tones in those two. A beautiful bird Raj. Great caption as well that suits those two ;)

Not sure on the others Raj, I had to use Google for the first one. The others are darn good as well and the Peacock, they are an amazing looking on and very well taken. Nice and close. The last one is just so powerful and nice fine details there.

All the best Raj and just keep them coming.

Danny.

I think nzmacro is right on with the ID on #1. That next to last one (you have two numbered #6): I'm not sure. I have enough trouble ID'ing the hawks in MY area. But I still think Black Kite is a pretty good possibility--there are a lot of pictures of them where you don't see much of a black area on the top of the head. However, Rough-legged hawk is another possibility--according to what I saw, you do have them there.

Really nice stuff overall, and like others have said, don't hesitate to post yours, they are quite nice. SOME of the photographers here, like Kris and Matthew, tend to make me feel like MY pictures might just as well have been taken by a drunk monkey. With only one arm. I've long since quit telling myself that I just need a different lens, or a different camera, or better lighting, or...I would just need a whole different set of skills to keep up with the "top tier" around here!

Oh yeah, one note: While I really like most of these, I am not a fan of the gull photo, because of the cut-off wing on the left and then so much room on the right--it makes for an awkward composition. IF I'm going to cut a wing off, I would tend to crop the photo so that the OTHER wing was also cropped, giving it some balance.

Very nice indeed, Raj. And Danny and Sharon are right: go ahead and post! I'm fully aware my stuff isn't even close to the quality of Danny's and others -- and never will be. But I have fun at it and perhaps what I post is of some interest. One thing I learned -- no matter what the endeavor -- there is always going to someone better at it! :wink: So keep 'em coming. Lee

Raj, never worry about what others are posting, never. Nothing wrong with your shots and some really unique subjects you have. We are all just mere clickers, nature is the master.
Nature is indeed the master, thanks Danny :)

#1, try a Scaly breasted Munia. Those are just gorgeous in the markings and colours, love the tones in those two. A beautiful bird Raj. Great caption as well that suits those two ;)
Not sure on the others Raj, I had to use Google for the first one.
huh! And I thought I was the Google master. What exactly did you search, "brown headed white breast black spotted bird"? :p
Thanks for the id Danny, and yes the last one is my personal fav too :)

Very nice! And I agree about the last one.

That next to last one (you have two numbered #6): I'm not sure. I have enough trouble ID'ing the hawks in MY area. But I still think Black Kite is a pretty good possibility--there are a lot of pictures of them where you don't see much of a black area on the top of the head. However, Rough-legged hawk is another possibility--according to what I saw, you do have them there.
Thanks, corrected it now. I need the id on #6, but it's definitely not a rough legged hawk.
Really nice stuff overall, and like others have said, don't hesitate to post yours, they are quite nice. SOME of the photographers here, like Kris and Matthew, tend to make me feel like MY pictures might just as well have been taken by a drunk monkey. With only one arm.
lol :mrgreen: I actually feel like a drunken one armed monkey after looking at their shots, but I understand what you're saying. Thanks.

Oh yeah, one note: While I really like most of these, I am not a fan of the gull photo, because of the cut-off wing on the left and then so much room on the right--it makes for an awkward composition. IF I'm going to cut a wing off, I would tend to crop the photo so that the OTHER wing was also cropped, giving it some balance.
Hmm.. I was actually trying for a unique composition, thinking it may pop out a bit from the usual BIFs..

Thanks for the critique sm4him :)

Very nice indeed, Raj. And Danny and Sharon are right: go ahead and post! I'm fully aware my stuff isn't even close to the quality of Danny's and others -- and never will be. But I have fun at it and perhaps what I post is of some interest. One thing I learned -- no matter what the endeavor -- there is always going to someone better at it! :wink: So keep 'em coming. Lee
I know what you mean Lee.. Thanks a lot :)

Nice set, I really like the last one. Don't worry about us, we don't bite and we all started some where. I have picked up many tips online that I use. Sometimes the internet can be a really good learning environment.. Not so long ago negative feedback upset me, but I learned to take it with a grain of salt and motivate myself to get better. We are all always learning... :)

Most reactions

Back