Ironlegs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, long time no see !
Recently i was on a photography workshop where i was trying cameras and lenses and there was one model and this light setup so this is basicaly my first fashion portrait, so i wanted to share this with you all. ( i borrowed Canon 6d and 70-200 f/2.8 and its incredible ! )

Blue by Ironlegs Photography, on Flickr

Nicely done! I can't help thinking however that just a bit more light under the brim of the hat would have made it that much better.

Looks like you went to a great workshop!

Anyway... I don't know how valid my opinions will be since I'm only starting to learn photography myself. But, just by looking at it, there are some aspects of it that I like and some that I'm not really a fan of. I like the simplicity of the photograph, the pose of the model, and the crop of the photo. I am not a fan of the blue tint, however, and the shadow on her eyes.

Nicely done! I can't help thinking however that just a bit more light under the brim of the hat would have made it that much better.

Thanks ! I think that too but i still like this picture i dont know why but i dont find it to be that big deal, but i would like to see some more light under the hat too, but i couldnt set the lights myself :( They were a lot darker, i tried to get as much detail from them as possible.

Looks like you went to a great workshop!

Anyway... I don't know how valid my opinions will be since I'm only starting to learn photography myself. But, just by looking at it, there are some aspects of it that I like and some that I'm not really a fan of. I like the simplicity of the photograph, the pose of the model, and the crop of the photo. I am not a fan of the blue tint, however, and the shadow on her eyes.

Thanks for the reply, yeah i would do the eyes differently too but i couldnt move the lights myself. The blue tint was my intention ;).

I'm not a fashion photographer....So I won't judge that aspect.

Photo is sharp, lighting is nice, clean bg edit. Overall its a good portrait.

I disagree with the light under the brim comment bc it is a fashion portrait, and she's not even looking to the camera, therefore the eyes have no significant gain to this photo. jmo though

And I quite like the blue background, much better than keeping it white or grey. Adds some style to it.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fashion lol. Maybe I'm just too outdated when it comes to whats in style lol.

Keep up the good work.

I think @tirediron might be seeing the same thing as I am with the lighting under the hat...
a little more light shot upwards (think clamshell lighting) would do two things:
1: soften up the harsh shadow there
2: highlight the blue paint mask and make it more visible.
the theme is "blue", but what I would consider the most essential part of this picture pertaining to the blue theme is masked quite a bit in shadow.
it really could just be a nitpic though...just mentioning how I see it.

overall, I like this shot.
focus, color, and WB are all good. I like the pose.
definitely a keeper.

Most reactions

Back