C&C please out side photos at right time?

sdesha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is of my son...my favorite test subject. He gave me a smile in this pose its my favorite...I do wish the blanket wasn't hiding his face and im not sure if the sun is wrong in the picture...so please C&C im still very new and want to learn what to do better...but i do like compliments as well haha...thanks everyone!

dylan.png

What lens and camera we using here?

Cute baby. Your photo seems a little desaturated. Perhaps you can fix this during post processing or you can keep it. Desaturation often has a nice effect; in this case, it looks pretty good. For me, the sun is fine and doesn't harm the picture.

just my 2 bit suggestions.

p.s. You're gonna love your XTi. I love mine =) If you can afford an extra $90, grab yourself the 50mm f1.8 lens. It's a perfect compliment for your new dslr.

Cute baby. Your photo seems a little desaturated. Perhaps you can fix this during post processing or you can keep it. Desaturation often has a nice effect; in this case, it looks pretty good. For me, the sun is fine and doesn't harm the picture.

just my 2 bit suggestions.

p.s. You're gonna love your XTi. I love mine =) If you can afford an extra $90, grab yourself the 50mm f1.8 lens. It's a perfect compliment for your new dslr.

i already have it on order...=D thought i would order parts as i go so i dont have to spend it all at once...thanks for the advice...!

...=D thought i would order parts as i go so i dont have to spend it all at once..

I know what you mean! Just wait till you get "lens fever". I'm going nuts trying to figure out how I'm going to afford the Canon 28-135mm lens on my tight budget, LoL :lmao:.

SDESHA!!! The finpix s700 camera is the first camera I owned before I got my Pentax SLR. If you need any help with that camera let me know. I learned on that camera and is a great camera to learn with. Just pm me.

Quick tip for you though put the camera into program mode and set the iso to its lowest setting which if i remember right was iso 64. I don't know if you have read your manual much on that camera but program mode is pretty much auto but with user settings. Another words for example setting the iso when in program mode to iso 64 instead of just auto mode. Also use the scenes features such as sunset or others. It adds a great affect until you get used to shooting in just manual mode. You have a great camera have fun with it. The picture does look good. I would say retake it with camera set to program mode and iso 64. If its a sunny day even having that low of iso there is enough light to get a good shutter speed. Let me know how that works out for you...

And don't take this as I'm putting you down for a bad photo just some tips from a guy with that camera. Have fun.

O and don't say your a loser. Your camera is great for taking photos and will turn out even better with practice. Practice is the key..

O and also check out newegg.com. Then have great deals on dlsr's and lens. Ok im done posting and posting and posting...lol

SDESHA!!! Another words for example setting the iso when in program mode to iso 64 instead of just auto mode. Also use the scenes features such as sunset or others. It adds a great affect until you get used to shooting in just manual mode.

I have tried to set the ISO in a different setting the only choose it gives me is auto...which drives me crazy, unless its the program mode that has this option i will play with it again and check my manual again...i shoot this in the apiture mode..sp? i like that mode for some reason...lol

thank u for the tips i will take him out side again and try it in the program mode! i like help and am on here to learn, so thank u so much for the help. i reaaly like that someone else has started with this camera!!! =D

and isnt he just a good little model??? lol

oh by the way there is nothing in the book about all the noise...do u know how to fix that? i just edit it in PS...lol...i am a PS junkie lol...

thanks again!

YAYYY! it is the program mode that you can change it in! i am going to have fun tonight taking more pictures!!!!!!! woot wooo! lol

i will post the results of it on here later tonight! and we can see if it worked better...I hope he is a good baby tonight...

thank you for the tips...I may have never figured it out with out you!!!!

alright so i tired it in the program mode and they all turned blue...no matter what setting so i will have to keep trying and figure that out..lol...i took more in the Apature thought setting the iso different and it made a difference....but when it was a clear shot he had weird faces or turned his head...haha so funny the shots he has good faces theres something wrong i did then when i have it right he gives me the weird looks haha...i think its funny. so not going to post any of those...haha...but i still havent gone through them all...and i might go back out later tongiht right at sundown..

they all turned blue

Check your white balance. You may have inadvertently set it for Flourescent light. On the first picture, the baby has a blue tint to him/her (they all look the same to me) which really shouldn't happen outside underneath the sun like that.

Changing the "mode" wouldn't change the white-balance setting if that IS the issue.

So basically just whip out your camera manual, see how to change the White Balance (which changes colors based on the light source - sun, cloudy sky, candle, incandescent light, flourescent light, etc), make the adjustment, and see if that does any good (I bet it does).

Peace in the middle east -

Hey sdesha, what program are you using to post process with? I go crazy when messing with white balance settings on cameras. I just can't get it right. I just use photoshop to adjust my white balance. What proggy do you use?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back