C&C please out side photos at right time?

I am a PS FREAK! Ive been doing it now as a side business making graphics for 2 years...Im wondering in the picture..... I did you use an urban action...I wonder if that had something to do with it...i am reading up on the white balance tonight after the baby goes to sleep...let me play again with the original. I did get some good shots...theres 2 im not sure of but the one turned out pretty good. Let me play on it some more in PS and I will get back to ya all...I really like all the input! ;)

cute baby, my wife wants one and i feel your pain im am deployed as well. i have my xti over here and have lots of fun with it, its a great camera but im tring to figure out how i can get my hands on a 5d. keep taking pics!

Pretty much when I had that camera I always shot in program mode. However I did put it into sunset mode once but I learn how to under expose the picture in manual mode so did not need that. When I first bought the camera I set to program mode. Left white balance to auto. Put the picture quality to its highest setting which i think was large or whatever it was called the camera Then turned the iso down to 64. Shot great pictures with it. Never changed anything else with it. As long as you do that you should be good till your learn a little bit more. Keep playing with it you will get it. If you need anymore help just let me know. I know that camera inside and out... ;)

cute baby, my wife wants one and i feel your pain im am deployed as well. i have my xti over here and have lots of fun with it, its a great camera but im tring to figure out how i can get my hands on a 5d. keep taking pics!

Well Thank you for Serving our country. I have a tag site for military wives on myspace does she have a myspace? If so I will send you that link.

I am going to mess with it alot this weekend, So I will let you know how they turn out...After the Pres. Debate im diging the manual out....=D

No need to hurry getting an SLR (though it does help). I personally feel that the image had potential but it is lacking the warmth and glow that baby pictures should have.

Suggestions:
1. Increase saturation
2. Warm up the white balance
3. Get rid of the weeds (I'm not a fan of them) and get closer
4. Focus a bit better (sharper) to get that extra glint and curiosity in the pictures.

Keep trying and you'll improve. You keep on improving as you get more experience.

she does have one as well as i. i would appeciate it. what branch is your husband in?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=bd7c8ece-0708-4a69-995f-321ccef2793e

there's the link...Tell her if she mention your user name and the forum I will make her a free custom layout and put her on my always list for the month of October....=D

My husband is in The Army...Very Proud, very proud of all the soldiers over there. Its a shame that ppl dont respect our soldiers...thats why i have my site, its a great place for military wives.

oh and if you have any military photos you would like to share that would be awsome! I am always looking for interesting pictures but ive used all the free ones on the istock...haha...

credit will be given...lol

Hey again I found some photos i took with the s700. All taken in that program mode your learning. They look pretty good and will get excited a little bit on what the camera can really do.

Here they are.. Nothing special.

First one Field day 2008 Amateur radio contest.

DSCF1098.jpg

Second one a sun flair i guess if that is what you want to call it. lol

Post1.jpg

"First one Field day 2008 Amateur radio contest."

im a radio tech for the marine corps. you guys use HF for your stuff?

and sdesha thank you and if you didnt catch that above i am in the usmc. i have a million pics, some are pretty good lookin too, and thank you again.

oh thank you for sharing Brian I really like the 2nd one! hehe...heres the best shoot that i took tonight...not the best but i thought i should share my progress...let me know...i think it may be to dark...and like that one guy said not really capturing the glow of my baby...i couldnt take it at the same place as i did yesterday due to the cows where laying in the spot we were in...so i took near the barn. I used different settings and will just have to keep at it...thanks everyone...

its also good to know more the a couple of ppl on here have used it...lol...

DSCF2929-1copy.png

you could try useing a flash with somthing transparent and warm in color as a filter over the flash, so that the extra light isnt blown out, if you want to try to warm things up a bit. other wise the cool combination of colors set a different mood. you could try to mess with the white balance in the camera to try to even it out a bit.

LOL!!! No problem Glad I could help you some. That last picture does look better. Keep it up and keep practicing. The way to photography is knowing your camera...LOL... To the radio tech guy sorry forgot your name I do use hf. However ever I'm only licensed as tech class but will be upgrading to general class soon. Glad to me you too. Maybe will here you on the air sometime when were doing a contest again.

Do you have an original, unedited version of the above photo. One that you haven't taken through PS or done any modifications to and that has the exif data in it. You can use ImageShack, or Flickr to upload the photo and it will save the information.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back