RianFlynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey new friends,

I have decided to join a new photo forum and this seems to be a nice fit. Here is some of my recent work :) I look forward to meeting you all!

Rian

2928818270_a41dacd80b.jpg

3066054990_4a8fdabac6.jpg

3159330010_f6a01a12b1.jpg

3159331610_ba27336572.jpg

3219155093_9d936bdaab.jpg

3308440428_bc178e6ccf.jpg

Last edited:
i may be new to this forum, but not new to this style...

In fact I'm one of the first few to start this style. (little krunk from going out with some friends tonight, but its true)

-rian

Great stuff! I love #2. :thumbup:

Strong style, but it is becoming very commonplace. Look at how you can separate yourself from the pack.

Love & Bass

I have to agree. The best way to photoshop is to make the photo look un-photoshopped. If this was not a photography forum I would be saying WOW. We all have this power, just not enough time to use it.

It is good art, but I do not see enough "photography" to make the call.

I know what you are saying B, I just feel this person is a great "Graphic Artist" and the art is misplaced.

hahah this is funny! With the exception of the dinosaur shot, these are all regular photographs. Its funny how some lighting tricks convert you from a photographer to a "graphic artist"

here is a before after:

Zero photoshop:
oedipus.jpg

"graphic artist": haha
oedipus1.jpg

I have to agree. The best way to photoshop is to make the photo look un-photoshopped. If this was not a photography forum I would be saying WOW. We all have this power, just not enough time to use it.

It is good art, but I do not see enough "photography" to make the call.

not sure what your seeing. the two shots at the bottom have almost 0 photoshop.

I'm calling you out. you can't get this look because you think its photoshop. In reality, this is unnatural looking lighting. rear, rim, key, fill and ring :)

Rian

I am astonished by the lack of positivity in this thread. My post count is, apparently, too low to get the "TPF is full, scare away all new members" memos. I can't imagine the OP's creativity is so incredibly suspect as to warrant completely disregarding his obviously quality work.

These photos are great Rian. Keep it up! I imagine Ansel Adams would have found it difficult to impress some of the folks around here.

Thanks for standing up for me b! :)

2 and 3 are awesome, those are my favorites. But, the bowling one takes the cake for me. I like this style, keep em' coming i wanna see more. -Danny

My post count is, apparently, too low to get the "TPF is full, scare away all new members" memos.
You don't get those? ...I thought they went out to everyone.

here is a before after:
I think this would be more useful if it was a photo that was in your original post.

My favorite is #5 (dunes) - love it.

I am astonished by the lack of positivity in this thread. My post count is, apparently, too low to get the "TPF is full, scare away all new members" memos. I can't imagine the OP's creativity is so incredibly suspect as to warrant completely disregarding his obviously quality work.

These photos are great Rian. Keep it up! I imagine Ansel Adams would have found it difficult to impress some of the folks around here.

Hey now. Your thoughts are not based on fact. Member post count has nothing to do with anything. TPF has a diverse array of members. We all freely voice our opinions. Some say "great" some say "re think it". We are all here to discuss photography. Not pat each other on the back. That is why TPF is so successful.

PM me if you want to discuss Adams work.

)'(

Most reactions

Back