External Flash

pkae1989

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have a Nikon D3000 and was wondering what kind of external flash I should buy for it? Does anyone else have a Nikon D3000 that can recommend any other accessories that they use and like for that camera, also?

Thanks!

Any time you're asking about gear purchases, you need to include your budget. The SB700 is a good starting point.

Any time you're asking about gear purchases, you need to include your budget. The SB700 is a good starting point.

It also helps to include what you intend to use the gear for. Shooting weddings and portraits takes different gear than shooting snaps of the kids at holidays.

Thanks Sparky and Tired--

I would be interested in knowing the best external flashes for both types of photography.
I'm also shooting the opening of a salon soon and pretty much need it for that purpose.

Any of the current nikon flashes will work very well with your camera. Determine what your budget is, do some research on the three current offerings and pick one that suits your needs. I have an sb400, an sb600 and a couple of sb800's.

An sb600 is a very nice flash. You will not be disappointed if you can find one.

There are iTTL compatible flashes from third party manufactures. I don't know anything about those. I know that Nikon accessories work very well with my Nikon cameras.

Thanks Sparky and Tired--

I would be interested in knowing the best external flashes for both types of photography.
I'm also shooting the opening of a salon soon and pretty much need it for that purpose.

When I hear 'salon', I think of a place women go to get their hair all doodied up. But I think you mean a studio. In that case, you may need something other than a standard flash gun.

I do actually mean a salon! lol

I do actually mean a salon! lol

If your just covering the event candid style a sb-600, sb-700, sb-800, sb-900 should do the job bounced+bounce card.
depending on the available light, ceiling height.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back